Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 Discussion
I am using a legit purchased game.
Updated patch to 1.03.
Not bothering with NO-DVD or anything, doesn't bother me.
The game will run for a few minutes then it crashes.
you mean the securom crap? i pulled that stuff off my computer after i installed\registered\updated my game.
and i meant that pretty much in a literal sense. its like removing a rotten tooth with a pair of pliers... from your own mouth
hmm... so it starts up fine, but crashes during the game? are you doing the campaigns or will it let you get that far? is there a specific part that it crashes at?
1) if you are using a 'pirated' version of the game, then call it the reloaded version, otherwise state you are using retail or steam or directdownload.
2) state your version (1.00, 1.01, 1.02, 1.03). PLEASE NOTE THAT IF YOU ARE USING THE RELOADED VERSION AND YOU PATCHED TO 1.03, then USING THE CRACK REVERTS YOU BACK TO 1.00! you either have to uninstall the game and reinstall and use 1.00 trainer/game or BUY THE GAME until a true 1.03 crack comes out.
3) do not post you have crashes unless you can describe how to make the game crash REPEATABLY. (for instance, i press F1 at the main screen and it crashes, OR i press the instant build option and it crashes when make troops.) otherwise i have to assume that the game is crashing 'randomly' and for 'no determinable reason' which i cannot fix (i.e. sound board, graphics, .net, ANYTHING could be causing the situation)
4) most of the problems with crashing due to trainer is: incorrect versions, something blocking the trainer, using modified files/ scripts/ other programs WITH our trainer.
i hope this helps. this last trainer has been stable and can run with 6 players AI against each other for 15 mins or more without crashes (never crashed).
The crashes seem to happen when certain units or powers are used, or certain cutscenes are triggered. My game crashes to desktop for instance when I try to use the Russian "satellite from the sky" power. Or when trying completing the Russian second mission "save Moscow".
I own the legitimate UK version of the game on windows xp. I get the crashes on both patches 1.03 and 1.04 and their accompanying trainers.
Without the trainer, the game works fine. No crashes after 2 hours of playing.
During skirmish mode, have only had one crash so far. Maybe the crashes have something to do with certain triggers?
Update: Just finished the entire Japanese campaign with trainer 1.04. The Russian campaign still causes the game to crash as from mission 2.
Update 2: Four missions into the Allied campaign, still no crashes. Seems the problem is related to the Russian campaign.
Update 3: Not a single crash during the Allied campaign. I'll try the Russian campaign again later.
[Edited by tomhenderix, 11/15/2008 3:14:02 AM]
Edit: Even the "Modified on" date is the same. /sigh.
[Edited by xxApolloxx, 11/17/2008 10:25:05 AM]
* Updated game trainers and cheats daily
* Get notified when new cheats are added
* Request which games get new trainers
* Priority support with any problem
• Plasma Force Armor (God Mode)
• Nuclear Death Pulse (Cripple All Forces)
+ 9 more options