Darkstar One Discussion
Maybe the Cracker botched the job?
1. I had the initial iteration of the game. I had to upgrade it with the official patch.
2. When I stopped playing the game some years ago I left the CVD out of the case and it got scratched.
3. I tried to re-install the game, it wouldn't install as the disk was destroyed.
4. Bought a new disk installed the game. Patched it up without seeing what version it was. If you buy a late version of the game, bargain bin etc.. it will alredy have the 1.3 patch. If you install it over the patched game you get all manner of problems and if you try to use any of the trainers they get even worse.
5. So I had a game that wouldn't launch and when it did launch couldn't use any of the trainers.
6. Went back to square one. Uninstalled/Reinstalled. Didn't install the patch. Started game, ran trainer, and voila, good to go with no graphics glitches and only the occaisional crash to Asacaron exception. I played the game through sans cheats several times already, I just wanted to be able to have fun with it, hence the trainer.
Hope this helps...
Did the no cd fix work for you? Im having problems with the trainer also on the steam version... I enter the game, F1, hear activated, enter a mission, the intro goes, and when im supposed to start playing the game crashes... Stops responding... Any leads on a solution?
* Updated game trainers and cheats daily
* Get notified when new cheats are added
* Request which games get new trainers
* Priority support with any problem
• Activate Ship Upgrades (incl Plasma)
• Invincible Hull
+ 9 more options