Race Driver: GRID Discussion
Trainer Tools and Resources
0 option(s) for voting
Boost currently not available
Just for further information for the certain users that think they're like mods and go attack the original poster:
It isn't trolling:
Criticisms should be backed with valid points. If you have an opinion about something, make sure you state it as an opinion and not a fact. "This game is stupid" is a clear troll. "I felt the game's story went nowhere" is critical, but clearly stated as an opinion.
Just goes to show you that BACKSEAT MODDING IS POINTLESS AND MAKES YOU LOOK STUPID. DON'T DO IT.
1) Damage System can be very devastating, one wrong move and you would lose the entire race, and I tend to agree with the developers on this one. Sometimes, I even enjoy watching my Viper can pummeled as it hits the wall, only to realize that I'm gonna pay for it later...
2) Control System is very very different from the NFS series, and to be truthful, I'm already falling in love with GRID's. In NFS, the steering is smoothen and only at times jerky and the drifting was easy to adapt to, whereas in GRID, drifting isn't as easy as 'gear-down, hand-brake, steer, and throttle', it took me around three races to get used to the system, and it is very easy to learn (give or take a few destructive runs). Just because there isn't a stretch of highway to bust 300 MPH, doesn't mean it sucks. The highest I got was 259 MPH with Audi R10 TDI (its probably the best Le Mans car).
3) The graphics were superb, even on a low-end machine like mine, for a 2007 game, it exceeded its predecessors and played in the big leagues with the consoles. The only ones I find comparible would be the upcoming NFS: Shift, Colin McRae: DiRT, and Burnout Paradise (I know there are more).
4) Pricing in North America is totally overpriced. If it were around $39.99 CAD or $35.70 USD, then I would still think about it. Like others have mentioned (and have done, admit it), torrenting is the better solution.
5) General Fun Factor, probably one of the few games that actually kept me up all night (this was without trainer), and it kept me from playing FEAR 2 and CoD4, which is rare. I agree with the scores given by professional sites and reviewers (ranging from 8.0/10 to 9.5/10), this game is fun, but just overpriced. Looking forward to seeing the upcoming content pack and hoping for a sequel (preferably with more content and more customizing).
Well I don't know how can you even compare these two games,...NFS serial is even not a close to simulation just game where you can do anything,....NOT REALISTIC AT ALL
And GRID is much better, just try to drive without any help ON and you will see....and GRID is not game where you drive illegal races...
If anyone even got this far in this topic, i'll just say two words: Lower Graphics.
It actually help.
-Grid keeps you playing for hours,because it keeps you angry,it keeps you mad(ex. 4 hours of restarting a race,to get a good place,and you dont find any success)
-Grid is more realistic than many people want,many people just want Burnout Paradise:move the stick to steer,and when your car gets wrecked,never mind...grid is very very challenging.
-Grid is not decorated with nice cars,like TDU,and does not get much involved with customized cars like NFS,cars are not statues LOL.
you decide...I think its a good game,but not my choice,Burnout paradise TDU,NFS:Carbon fit me alot better...
If you want to race on streets, while getting chased by cops, ricing up your cars with the most unrealistic handling and braking (even without traction control) then the whole NFS franchise beginning from Underground to Undercover is the game for you. [I'm looking forward to NFS Shift btw]
What i like about GRID is the challenge that comes from a true racing game, handling, heaps of under steer, lockups, racing in known tracks around the world, close to real damage, and also the graphics.
Seriously, i kinda dislike the graphics in NFS MW, and Undercover, its just me.
Back to GRID. If only they have placed more cars and more tracks, then the game would be good.
[Edited by qawsedrf, 8/4/2009 8:31:49 PM]
* Updated game trainers and cheats daily
* Get notified when new cheats are added
* Request which games get new trainers
* Priority support with any problem