Alone in the Dark (2008) Discussion
- hmmm french developers ? (I'm french)
- french language and french insults
- Maniability, old game style, suck a little bit to much, why the character is moving while turning on himself !? I died so many time because of that.
- Visuals, not that impressive.
- Bugs, lot of, especially the UI one.
- Realism, ahahah fire bullets !
- Indestructo-Edward, a Gaz canister can just make you bleed.
- IA, sucks very much.
- This sucky game, developed by frenchies, we're doomed.
Well that's all for now, I'll add more cons when I found them ... if I don't suppress the game before.
Sorry for being so mad a AITD, but 60 € for this game is asking too much !
more options to come...
Overall, it's a good game. I normally don't like horror games at all due to the hideous gameplay mechanics. However, this game is decent with regards to controlling your character, although I can't figure out how to use a gamepad to control the game? maybe it only works with the xbox 360 controller... it is very easy to switch back and forth between 1st and 3rd person POV. the parts of the game that are weak are the driving parts, it is very difficult to control the car and many spaces you have to pass through in the car are very narrow, and if you are even slightly off to one side, then the car crashes and you die or get caught by monsters. also, the map feature you get after gettnig the pda is useless, sometimes it seems to show passages that are actually blocked, and it doesn't indicate what might be the correct direction to go. What good is a map if it doesn't show you where to go?
I'm not sure what the marketing dept. meant by "non-linear" gameplay. this game is completely linear. There is so far not even one spot in the game where I could choose my path. Mostly, you are making your way through mazelike buildings and sewers where every path except the correct path is blocked by debris. anyway, the problem solving in the game is nice, having to use fire and explosives in creative ways is cool. I just wish you could save it, but like most games of this type, it only has checkpoint saves, although the menu inexplicably has a save option which doesn't seem to do anything at all.
[Edited by Wizey, 7/9/2008 5:01:44 AM]
The driving feels unrealistic and "sloppy", but it's just a side-part of the game (even though you come to drive a car a lot throughout it all).
I'm at the museum now, but my game keeps crashing every time i try to drop the Lighsticks (those green things). There's no item "visible" in my inventory, but I hover above it and it shows as a lighstick, i try to drop it - Bang. Alone.exe crashes...
Nice trainer though. Unlimited ammo and flashlight and health spray is a real savior!
* Updated game trainers and cheats daily
* Get notified when new cheats are added
* Request which games get new trainers
* Priority support with any problem
• Freeze Enemies
+ 5 more options