When Fifth gear tested the Caparo T1 it caught fire and put the driver in the burn unit. Then Top Gear tested it and the floor fell out and the throttle got stuck. Ferrari and Lamborghini do make quality vehicles but a lot of the fastest supercars are very unreliable.
Most supercars aren't convenient at all. Most can't go over speed bumps of get up driveways without scrapping the $20,000 paint or carbon fibre front lip. Like when Top Gear took a Ford GT, Ferrari F430, and Pagani Zonda to France. They spent quite a while getting out of the parking garage because the cars were so low they were afraid of scraping the bottoms. Also, most supercars have either no or very small trunks so you really can't take anything with you. Convertible supercars are even worse, they're roofs come off but you can't take it with you so you have to leave it at home. So if it starts raining you're screwed.
Very few supercars are comfortable. They have such hard suspensions that they batter you every time you hit a bump. The Koenigsegg CCX for example, requires so much attention to stay in control and not kill yourself. There's nothing comfortable about that.
These are some reasons why supercars are so expensive:
- The bodies are made of carbon fibre, aluminum, and magnesium which are extremely expensive materials
- The engines are hand built and cost tens of thousands of dollars
- The rims are made of carbon fibre and magnesium to keep them light, very expensive
- The brakes are carbon ceramic to handle more heat, again very expensive
- Everything is hand made
[Edited by SuperSkyline89, 3/9/2008 4:12:21 PM]
Just wanted to point out the truth.
* Updated game trainers and cheats daily
* Get notified when new cheats are added
* Request which games get new trainers
* Priority support with any problem