Medieval 2: Total War Kingdoms Discussion
Trainer Tools and Resources
You can try using the no-cd fix for Kingdoms on the Steam/D2D install and this may make it work like it has for other titles such as Titan Quest. Otherwise, they're probably just too different from the retail.
It's becoming increasingly difficult to try and support all these different offerings and I apologize for any issues that people have. The only way for us to fix it sometimes is to spend hundreds of dollars purchasing 3-4 different versions of games and expansions, not to mention spending more time and money on programming as the trainer has to be created multiple times as well. To continue doing that, we'll have to raise the membership fee dramatically, which I don't want to do. I've tried to keep it as low as possible just so we can cover overhead and pay our programmer while also making it affordable for the average gamer.
Anyways.. we'll continue looking into it and would appreciate any feedback from those that have these other configurations that were able to get it working and how it was done. thx
I use the retail versions of the game.
1. Version of original game. Steam? D2D? Store-Bought? Pirated (Reloaded)?
2. Version of expansion. Steam? D2D? Store-Bought? Pirated (Procyon/Fairlight)?
3. Version number of both .exe files (right click the .exe choose properties and go to the details tab for product version).
4. Do you have ANY mods installed for the original game or expansion?
5. Have you tried a clean install of both game and expansion (with no mods, etc)?
6. Exactly what happens when you're having a problem and a scenario so we can try to reproduce (ie: I press the keys but hear no sound and nothing happens).
This is the only way we can determine what your problem might be and how to fix it.
[Edited by PWizard, 9/1/2007 5:27:32 AM]
Also, a friend of mine had the RELOADED version of the original, and I brought over the Retail and Fairlight versions for more testing.
Here are my findings:
Reloaded Original (With Reloaded .exe) + Retail Exp = Not Working
Reloaded Original (W/out .exe) + Retail Exp = Working
Reloaded Original (With Reloaded .exe) + Fairlight Exp = WORKING
Reloaded Original (W/out Reloaded .exe) + Fairlight Exp = Working
Retail Original + Retail Exp = Working
Retail Original + Fairlight Exp = Working
The only problems we had were with a group release WITH their executable before the installation of a retail expansion. When we tried it without copying the .exe over before hand, it worked. However, a copied .exe before the Fairlight Exp worked just fine.
I find these results strange...
Other info - We were both on XP. I don't really have Vista to test this on....
Also, the .exe's at the time (With the exception of the Reloaded .exe's) Are all 1.3
PWizard and Cal, you're welcome. If I can get my hands on a Procyon release, It'll test it too.
[Edited by xxApolloxx, 9/1/2007 6:23:37 AM]
[Edited by Moderator PWizard, 9/1/2007 6:25:06 AM]
I think the key like you said is NOT copying over the cracked exe when installing the original reloaded game. Unfortunately this will mean a full reinstall for those that did this the first time around, but at least we know the problem now and it can be fixed with a reinstall.
[Edited by PWizard, 9/1/2007 6:25:32 AM]
* Updated game trainers and cheats daily
* Get notified when new cheats are added
* Request which games get new trainers
* Priority support with any problem
• One-Turn Construction
• Maximum Recruits Available (FIXED)
+ 3 more options