Pokemon Silver/Gold Discussion
[Edited by maverick102, 2/14/2006 1:55:47 PM]
If you have the blizzard TM, you can teach it to one of your higher level pokemon and hope it hits and wipes out each of his Dragonites. Aerodactyl and Charizard should be easily take down by you 2 water pokemon, plus Lugia, who can learn surf.
Throw Meganium at his Gyrados, although it won't be an easy fight since Gyarados is Water/Flying so Grass isn't super-effective.
To beat Lance's Dragonites you need:
- Safegaurd. To counter thunder wave.
- Ideally an Ice-type move. Ice beam being the best choice since Blizzard is notoriosly inaccurate.
- Physicall attacks. Ideally a rock slide or ancient power, but normal moves will do. Just avoid water, fire, and grass.
- If your Gyarados knows any dragon-type moves, they will help you out a lot.
- Inflict status pain, especially confusion or paralysis.
- You Typhlosions are not of any worth in this battle, so throw them heedlessly at the Dragonites to wear them down. Beware, however, that Lance will use max potions or hyper potions.
- Dragonite has the highest physical attack so reflect would be nice.
>> Raindance - Thunder <-- all of his pokemon are part-Flying
>> Defense curl - Rollout
>> Mint berry - Rest
>> Sunny day - Solarbeam
>> Mean Look - Toxic <-- this can take anyone out
blizzard : tm 14 - Found at Goldenrod Game Corner for 5500 coins
ice beam : trade your coins to ask the man outside the goldenrod game corner(he only appears when you defeat the elite 4 & on wednesday and saturday) the man only teach @ one time. the moves are ice beam, flamethrower, thunderbolt
[Edited by maverick102, 2/16/2006 12:46:57 PM]
see my "team building" thred (page 3?) for the exact damage formula.
* Updated game trainers and cheats daily
* Get notified when new cheats are added
* Request which games get new trainers
* Priority support with any problem