Pokemon Silver/Gold Discussion
- .. since they type advantages they offer are already covered by ice beam and surf
- If you use as starter, < safeguard, confuse ray, ice beam, surf > else < confuse ray, ice beam, surf, psychic >
- chansey can actually learn more moves than blissey, so don't evolve too soon
- metronome is bad.
- lucky egg...? that won't help you in a real battle, only in training..
- surprisingly, blisseys special attack is pretty average, while defense and phys attack are at the bottom. the very bottom. worst bottom. by way of compensation, highest HP in game
- interesting moveset here: < psychic, fire blast, sunny day, solarbeam >. i would NOT recomend it. i just thought it was cool
- (TM33 RBY) is reflect and chansey can learn it! yes! we're saved!
- to really **** off you're opponent, teach blissey/chansey rest. that really gets annoying, watching that 680-713 HP bar fill up.
- you can breed on heal bell through use of a smeargle for supportive purposes
- attacking/balanced moveset < reflect, rest, double-edge, psychic >
- other moves to throw in: bide (TM34 RBY) (works well with blissey's massive HP stash, she can almost survive 2 cross-chops from a machamp), curse to help out that pathetic defense, thunderbolt (TM24 RBY), any special attack with average damage (BA * AC) above 90
feel free to mix and match moves within each pokemon's recommended moves. just stick to a theme for each pokemon. so dont have safeguard and hyper beam in one moveset, b/c safeguard is a starter/balanced attacker mover whereas hyper beam is a suicider/heavy hitter/super sweeper move. this is what i recomend:
typhlosion - sweeper
dragonite - sweeper/attacker
ampharos - attacker
alakazam - suicider/heavy hitter/sweeper OR attacker (depending on what you decide for dragonite)
lapras - starter
blissey - attacker
>>attacker - focus on reliable attacks. utilises helper moves. goal is to deal some damage while receiving as little as possible and ruining opposing pkmn's stats/status. blanced between attacks and helper moves
>>starter - first pokemon. sets up a safegaurd. ****es off opponent with confusion/paralysis/parastatus infliction
>>sweeper - finishes off weakened pokemon. one of the last pokemon to fight. focuses on crushing moves and speed + raw power. also for backup. usually 3 attacks and 1 helper mover
>>suicider/heavy hitter - focuses on power moves regardless of acc. deals as much damage as possible before dying. all attacks
>>helper - pkmn focuses on BP and chain combos. usually 3 helper moves.
>>annoyer - annoys opponents. extreme example < glare, swagger, mud-slap, screech >. 3 helper (actually anti-helper) moves and 1 attack (hurter move).
[Edited by bobulation, 2/23/2006 7:48:01 PM]
lesson: make sure as many pokemon as possible share your id.
lugia 54 aeroblast, hydro pump, fly, steel wing
feraligatr 60, hydro pump, dig, surf, slash
gyarados 54, whirlpool, hydro pump, hyper beam, surf
snorlax 53, earthquake, body slam, rollout, phsycic
rapidash 46, stomp, headbutt, take down, hidden power (I wanted it to be my fire pokemon but it doesn't know fire moves. need new fire pokemon)
need electric pokemon HIGH LVL????????
first off, rapidash is a BAD pokemon if you want fire attacks.  thats because it learns FireBlast at lvl 61 [/edit]. however overall, it isn't that bad. id say medium-tier. for a better pokemon, get flareon or arcanine. they're both very strong. for fighting red, id choose flareon, since his spc. defense is higher than aracanines. however, arcanine has a better balance (ie. HP and defense are significantly higher).
if you have a Ho-oh, you don't even need a electric pokemon. Give it the sunny day - solarbeam - fire move - recover combo and toast half of red's pokemon. of, course, you should duplicate ho-oh before you do this...
one level from now, lugia will learn rain dance. so you can try rain dance - thunder as well. personally, i would have kept recover and safe guard but too late now...
feraligatr needs earthquake. BIG TIME. get rid of that puny dig and teach it the true power of EARTHQUAKE!!! muhahahahaha... sry, got carried away. also, hydo pump OR surf. theres no need for both. there both practically equal overall so its up to you. surf is more accurate (100 vs 80) but hydro pump is more powerful and can knock out red's pokemon before you take damage (120 vs 95). if you can figure out how to get ice beam on there, do it. otherwise, blizzard. finally, rest over slash. and have it hold a mint berry.
gyrados. no whirlpool. use a HM slave for that. again, HyP or Surf, not both. teach it fire blast just to be cool. and dragonbreath too.
snorlax needs rest. thats what makes a snorlax. so give it rest!! id get rid of rollout, but you need that to beat red. so i dont really no what to replace with rest...
this isn't the best possible moveset for your team, but i dont want to give movesets that would require you to start over. so thats y when you make a team, you should brainstorm first and post it here for suggestions!!
[Edited by bobulation, 2/28/2006 3:12:12 PM]
Here is my pokemon team:
[Edited by tails_prower, 3/14/2006 8:14:23 PM]
[Edited by tails_prower, 3/15/2006 4:12:26 PM]
* Updated game trainers and cheats daily
* Get notified when new cheats are added
* Request which games get new trainers
* Priority support with any problem