State of Decay 2 Discussion
Trainer Tools and Resources
I added the trainer and work folders to the antivirus white list and also added the trainer exe to scan exclusions and yet when I press F1 at the main menu Bitdefender closes the game and finds a few "infected" files. I restored them. Then disabled all security features in Bitdefender, restarted my pc, uninstalled and downloaded the game again, then the trainer finally worked. Only problem is my security is completely disabled so I'm running a huge risk of getting my pc infected. So if anyone knows how I can make the trainer work while keeping Bitdefender running I'll really appreciate it.
If there is no solution to this, I will probably uninstall it and look for a different security software if you guys can recommend me a decent one.
Did you watch our videos about Bitdefender here? -> Link
- The scan exclusions for the trainer exe file and the Work folder go into the ANTIVIRUS module
- Disable the ADVANCED THREAT DEFENSE and probably the SAFE FILES modules prior to launch and while you use our trainers - discard BD's notification that you're vulnerable after disabling the ATD module. This function was already in BD 2017 products but hidden in the settings and disabled by default.
- Disable any automated setting, ie AUTO-PILOT
Do what Taurus said, it's what I do. I just disable the "Advanced Threat Defense" & "Safe Files" and re-enable Advanced Threat Defense after I'm done with the trainer & have closed it. If I try to run any trainer with it activated, it deletes my game's executable file as well as the trainer
It's not ideal, but it works.
Thanks a lot. I turned on the security features back on and left ATD off. Trainer working fine even though it's a bit risky.
I might switch to a different security product.
You're probably missing the point that you need to exclude the Work folder in the AV module too. You cannot whitelist anything else but *.exe files in the AdvThrDef module which might be responsible for this behavior. Also disable any automated things like the AUTO-PILOT.
And make sure that BD disabled Windows Defender properly as it sometimes fails to do it and Defender is still active.
* Updated game trainers and cheats daily
* Get notified when new cheats are added
* Request which games get new trainers
* Priority support with any problem
firewall and other security software.
on trainer and game.
version and distribution.