PREY (2017) Discussion
Trainer Tools and Resources
Delete trainer and all files in
Reboot PC to clear excess memory, get a fresh copy of latest trainer and
make sure trainer in is folder excluded from virus scans. Empty quarantine folder if needed.
may need to be added to exclusions as well. Run trainer as admin and try again.
Anti-virus help page. Link
PREY (2017) Trainer (11.26.2018)
I noted that starting the trainer before you launch the game, launch Prey, continuing your gameplay, then activating the trainer via F1 from the main menu (Esc), will "activate" the trainer, but none of the trainer options will work. E.g. NK3 (Unlimited Stamina) does nothing. This is unusual, IMO, since normally I would use this path for most other CH trainers/games.
Workaround: Launch Prey from Steam, continue game from a save, enter main menu via Esc, then Alt-Tab to the desktop, launch the trainer, return to the main menu in-game via Alt-Tab, press F1 to activate the trainer, hit Esc to continue playing. The trainer options I tested so far then seem to work, e.g. NK3 (Unlimited Stamina) or NK7 (Easy Neuromod Upgrades).
(Using latest trainer and latest Steam version of Prey.)
I did a bit of more checking: The Steam Prey page suggests that the game was patched to version 1.10 (as of September 4th), whereas the 11/26 CH trainer shows: "Prey 2017, Version v1.09.5" in its title bar (strange).
Steam\steamapps\common\Prey\Binaries\Danielle\x64\Release\Prey.exe is at v18.104.22.168 strangely.
Note: The "Longer Hacking Timer" (I rebound to NK0), seems to crash the game when the timer during the hacking mini-game reaches zero. Not filing a bug report yet, since I cheated myself Neuromods using the trainer and that may have messed up something. So reverting to an uncheated save... will write more feedback on how that goes. (I am still very early on in the game.)
[Edited by AEon2001, 11/29/2018 3:36:13 AM]
- Longer Hacking Timer... activated before hack, then press use, deactivate while hacking will crash the game once the counter hits 0. So don't do that. Workaround: Instead activate the trainer before you want to hack something, then keep it on while hacking until you have successfully completed the hack. Only then turn off the trainer option... works fine then. Might want to update the CH Trainer Instructions on this matter.
- Unlimited PSI Energy... auto activates a PSI Hypo when you run out. Once you no longer have any PSI Hypo, the trainer locks the PSI Energy level... so works fine as well.
The only trainer option that does not seem to work is:
Super Damage... does not increase damage, when using the Silenced Pistol (Shotgun, GLOO Cannon or Q-Beam).
Note: The other trainer functions work fine, if you use the following workaround: Launch Prey from Steam, continue game from a save, enter main menu via Esc, then Alt-Tab to the desktop, launch the trainer, return to the main menu in-game via Alt-Tab, press F1 to activate the trainer, hit Esc to continue playing.
Issuing a ticket for Super Damage... since that is an option I would really love to see work.
[Edited by AEon2001, 12/3/2018 4:15:11 AM]
* Updated game trainers and cheats daily
* Get notified when new cheats are added
* Request which games get new trainers
* Priority support with any problem
firewall and other security software.
on trainer and game.
version and distribution.