Not everybody has the time to play a game until a certain point where new game mechanics are applied. And I am sure that Caliber is one of them.
And as savegames cannot be exchanged (at least for the Uplay version) there might be some actual grind necessary or you follow the suggested work around by Cypher.
Nor am I asking for the mod team to do so. I am reporting an issue with the Trainer and trying to provide a solution that would scale in the game regardless if you have a new character or an endgame character. All 4 resources need to be given all at once, problem solved.
Again, our trainer devs never play a game like most of you. Who sink hours and hours into it and enjoy it. Explore every bit of a game. It's about a trainer to be released and move on to the next game to be worked on.
1. Start game with trainer, activate at main menu, play till you save, quit to menu, quit to desktop. Close game process if needed.
2. Close CH trainer, process if needed.
3. Start game with NO trainer, it will still have no Online services. Play till you save, quit the game, exit Uplay.
4. Login to Uplay, verify GR:W files.
5. Change Uplay language, restart Uplay.
5.a. (By change language, I mean set it to a different one, then set it back after the Launcher restarts itself.)
6. Quit Uplay and clear cache in Uplay folder.
7. Reboot PC.
8. Verify GR:W files.
9. Profit. 😀
10. If this doesn't work, try different variations of the steps, it worked fine for me and now I can play Online again!
While it has already been answered that you can use the trainer for the Sam Fisher missions, I wanted to add the fact that - at least for my personal experience - using the trainer will not grant you the rewards from completing it.
I am not sure how many other awards this also affects but it's the first time I've noticed it directly. Obviously you have to be offline to use the trainer but even reconnecting to the Ubisoft servers afterwards, letting things sync up, it still didn't give the reward. I had to complete the mission while online to get the goggles.
I'm curious if you were using Stealth at the time? I've run into a few (really very few) situations that wouldn't complete properly if Stealth was on. Once I turned it off and replayed, everything went fine.
That's only happened maybe 3 or 4 times and otherwise Stealth is a very valued option that I use a lot. I'm really enjoying this game and trainer. Thanks so much Caliber and CH for the work you did on this, it's amazing.
I did use the stealth option.