Disgaea PC Discussion
Trainer Tools and Resources
My trainer is working for the most part. I noticed a couple of things I should report:
1) If the trainer is turned on, my stats are 'fixed' - meaning they don't go up when I level up. They also don't go if I switch gear. This might just be a limitation of how the trainer functions, there is possibly 3 places in memory where the stats are (I could be wrong):
a. The base stats.
b. The stat modifiers.
c. The total stats (basically a + b).
As it is right now, it looks like the trainer alters 'c' - meaning it doesn't matter if my base stats change (IE I level up) or my stat modifiers change (IE I change gear), the stats are set to a fixed amount. I have noticed that even unmodified chars (chars that haven't had their stats 'trained') are fixed - meaning their stats don't change when they level up or change gear.
It would be nice if the trainer actually modified 'a' and not 'c'. That way when I'm switching gear, or leveling up my stats still increase/decrease. And if they do alter 'a' they don't force them to be fixed. Basically if I use the trainer to alter my char's stats, they should be increased, but if I my character levels up his stats still go up, and if I change gear his stats still change. So something like:
(base stats) + (stat modifier [gear]) + (trainer stats) = total stats.
Not sure if that is even possible, but it would be nice if that is how the trainer functioned.
Last point on the fixed stats - if I save and exit, and close out of the trainer, and then load the game without the trainer, their stats are still 'fixed' until I do something that alters their stats (IE equip/unequip gear). So it's a good way to get the stats back to what the real values should be (if I wasn't cheating)
2) I don't know if I am reading the instructions right, but it says "The value added can be modified using the custom trainer ability." - maybe I'm not understanding this right, but is there a way I can set how much the modifier is? IE right now, if I increase the HP stat is goes up 100 points every activation, but how would I configure the trainer to do say 10000 points every activation?
3) I did have a crash: when I tried to exit the game while the trainer was running, the game hung, and I had to kill it. I also had to kill the trainer as the close button on it was unresponsive by this point. I don't if I'm supposed to disable the trainer or something before I close the game, but it would be nice if I could close the game as is (not sure if that is possible either).
For #1 above do you need a save game file?
Edit: I just started the trainer (and haven't started the game). The minimize button and close button do no work for me. The only way I can close it is by killing it in task manager or right clicking on it in the task bar and clicking close.
[Edited by B.O.B., 2/26/2016 11:58:45 AM]
It seems that after using the stat options for the trainer it breaks the stats you gain when equipping items and so forth.
I believe it mainly has to do with the stat options, but not sure.
As for changing the value that the trainer adds, right click on the options value you want to change and you can set the value you want.
So basically how it seems is..
Do what you want the trainer to do, save the game, exit the game and the trainer, and play the game without the trainer.
Edit: I just found something out..
If you set your stats using the trainer to any amount, those stats become static, i.e changing gear, leveling etc wont change your stats. But if you save with those stats in place then restart the game without the trainer and do something that changes those stats, they'll return to the normal values before you edited them.
Example: your character has 2000 attack, you set the trainer to give you an additional 1million attack, so you have 1,002,000 attack. that stat becomes stactic with the trainer enabled, nothing you do will change it. Now if you save the game and restart without the trainer and you remove your weapon and re equip it, your attack will go back to the normal 2000 attack.
So basically, if you want to keep the stats that you gained with the trainer you have to keep using it.
hope this makes sense lol
Movement and Jump values don't revert back to normal, so that's good atleast.
[Edited by DigitalIP, 2/26/2016 1:01:21 PM]
Male and female classes I have unlocked so far; Warriors, brawlers, clerics,, mages, skulls, rogue, scout, several types of monsters, seems to be working great so far!
Thanks Cheat Happens! And thank you Caliber for this awesome trainer!
Have you tried equipping a pair of shoes (I haven't yet), but I'm curious if that will reset the move/jump stat.
yeah I considered that as well, I haven't really wanted to try it out though.. but I believe they work under different values than the normal stats so I don't think they'll change back.
- Open trainer first, run game, press F1 at title screen.
Stats can be altered via trainer and the whole bit, no problem. However, say I want to alter my stats legit like (equip items, etc.). I have to deactivate the trainer. So I quit the game but leave the trainer open. I restart the game with the trainer deactivated and I can alter my stats legit like again. If I decide to reactivate the trainer at this point though, it doesn't work 100% (stats can't be increased via the trainer). I have to quit EVERYTHING and follow the proper procedure to reactivate the trainer, then it works 100% again. I hope this makes sense.
[Edited by guardiane, 2/26/2016 6:16:28 PM]
* Updated game trainers and cheats daily
* Get notified when new cheats are added
* Request which games get new trainers
* Priority support with any problem
firewall and other security software.
on trainer and game.
version and distribution.