Wasteland 2 Discussion
Trainer Tools and Resources
[Edited by Tellos2, 3/28/2016 10:45:57 PM]
- The Mega Attribute option gives 200 each time and sometimes bugs out with an insanely high number. It really should be more like 50 per attempt.
- The Mega Perks option really should be dialed down to 10 or 20 per attempt. Who has time to check and confirm each perk one at a time?
- The Mega gold gives 99999, but then drops to 99 as soon as u buy something.
- Using the trainer seems to cause bugs in the Ag Complex too. ie. fights getting frozen, certain doors/hallways getting blocked when they shouldn't be.
Only workaround for now is to manually edit a save game. I recommend using Notepad++ or Bracket.
1. Start up a game, walk over by a trader npc and save it.
2. Go to Documents>My Games>Wasteland2DC>Save Games
3. Open the XML file using a text editor (Notepad++ or Bracket)
Use the Find tool to locate the right values to change. >0<
- TraitPoints (perks)
For more gold, search for 'quantity' and look for values greater than 1. Those will usually be ammo or med kits. Pump these values up and then sell most of them to the trader so you're not encumbered by weight.
I haven't encountered any bugs so far using the savegame edit method. -fingers crossed-
I just tested the trainer and all options work when used as described in the instructions.
Some options require that you do something or be in a certain situation for them to work, or use them as instructed.
Options can be turned off that give you a certain amount per use.
It seems to make all objects that can be interacted with set as if they had been activated (Toasters can be looted without needing to repair them, same with other objects that require you to unlock them like gates), and in the case of safes (The earliest one encountered being in Highpool during the siege in a young woman's house just above the junk dealer's trailer) they're destroyed and impossible to loot.
This might also explain the issues encountered by another user in the Ag Center what with passages being blocked off and such when they shouldn't be, since the game might be thinking that something has triggered a change of state in that object.
Hope this helps the trainer makers update the trainer, since the trainer wasn't updated for the 11/4/15 Director's Cut Patch #1, nor the Hotfix on 11/12/15 and perhaps the version updates (Or addition of modding support) messed something up in how the trainer interacts with the game.
the trainer is designed to work through patches, since much of the game is created on the fly in random memory.
likely any problems with certain options activated in those new patches was a problem to begin with in the original trainer list
I don't remember having this issue back in January when I first played this game, so maybe just enough changed in the game since January of this year that now you have to disable options before a map transition.
Wish me luck, and I'd love if anyone else could also try to test if having options enabled during map transitions makes a difference versus disabling options while changing areas.
I can confirm that having all options disabled during a map transition prevents the issues mentioned in my post surrounding interactive objects and the like.
Perhaps add an addendum to the trainer instructions stating that you should have options disabled when moving between areas and such would be helpful? The only options I had enabled when said issues occurred were Health, Ammo, and Water, so to be on the safe side just disable all options before leaving a map or entering a new area (And probably even when entering buildings and such in places like Highpool just to be safe) and you shouldn't have any issues.
[Edited by Foxxie-kun, 8/27/2016 10:56:23 PM]
* Up to 400 new and updated trainers monthly
* Manage and update trainers through one app
* Request which games get new trainers
* Priority support with any problem