Post your faves!
Doesn't let me write my whole rant, something about the resource being removed, guess I'll just put the one sentence version.
Glad DAI made it to the top, but I don't think it had a single meaningful opponent this year, maybe if it was considered alongside The Witcher 3 who knows.
[Edited by OnlyLagKillsMe, 12/31/2014 8:21:15 PM]
1. Dragon Age III: Inquisition. 3rd and last installment of a great series and so far should be game of the year.
2. Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor. This game had caught my eye for some time and since not having a system that can run it. I have been watching others play. It certainly getting the number 2 spot.
3. Dark Souls 2. Hug me for my soul is dark and I love it. Another nice addition to the series. Hopefully more come.
4. Civilization: Beyond Earth. Now I have played Civ games for years and have always loved them. But with this one you can see there is alot not there and some bugs that needed fixing. But bar that the game is still enjoyable for a ego power hungry dictator style ruler like me XD.
5. Elite Dangerous. Now you will be wondering why its down in 5th place from me. Well Its because I have not been playing it much. RL distractions and not a person to play games that where in Beta. So only got a few days into the game and am IMPRESSED its huge. Its fighting is fun, having you go crap I need to bolt from here or there gona pounce me like a tiger on its pray. This game is still worth playing! Even with them taking offline Single player.
Off the top of my head thats me for now.
2. Styx: Master Of Shadows
4. Endless Legend
6. Wasteland 2
7. Valkyria Chronicles*
9. The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth
10. Legend of Grimrock 2
(11. Alien: Isolation)*
*I count Valkyria only because it was released on PC this year, thus giving me the opportunity to play it; if this doesn't constitute a true '14 title however, subtract Valkyria, and add Alien: Isolation.
EDIT: I am curious as to your opinion on the War Table missions in DA:I. More specifically, the inclusion of timers.
[Edited by albinobigfoot, 1/1/2015 12:09:38 PM]
[Edited by albinobigfoot, 1/1/2015 12:45:20 PM]
I'm curious as to why you didn't include DAI in your list, also curious as to how I only recognize a single game on your list, different tastes I guess.
And make no mistake, I do think DA:I is a decent enough game. It's just that when I found myself unable to take on a mission due to having to wait an arbitrary amount of time before I could take on that mission, and in a AAA game no less, well it was disheartening to say the least.
While that isn't the only reason I didn't find it GOTY worthy, it certainly contributed the most.
EDIT: I forgot to mention the micro-transactions within the single player component of the game. Which, for me, was another severe strike against it.
[Edited by albinobigfoot, 1/1/2015 3:01:40 PM]
[Edited by albinobigfoot, 1/1/2015 3:32:43 PM]
Or a list where the CH crew enjoyed trafficking the joyful bits (no pun intended)
Or I don't get it and someone tell me how to insert a game in the list, duh
I've managed to play several games in the course of 2014, and, as usual, too many where deceptive (as Dark Souls 2 with it's mixture of multi-player/single-player cacophony)
The ones I did enjoy (sometimes with mixed feelings) where:
Sniper Elite 3
Starpoint Gemini 2
(in no particular order)
And several more that are still on my wishlist or plainly forgotten (with ).
As for my games of the year, I certainly think DAI is up there, together with Elite Dangerous and Warframe, but apart from those being my top choices there are many others but they just did not keep me as interested as the above mentioned games.
[Edited by Darth_Furball, 1/1/2015 5:02:43 PM]
[Edited by Darth_Furball, 1/1/2015 5:03:37 PM]
* Updated game trainers and cheats daily
* Get notified when new cheats are added
* Request which games get new trainers
* Priority support with any problem