Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor Discussion
Trainer Tools and Resources
1. This game is easy.
2. This game is short.
In order, my responses are:
1. True. I can fight 50 orcs at the same time and not die easily. But then, that's also true of every Creed game, all the Arkham games. Maybe I'm just good at them, but, outside of RTS games, I find very little difficult anymore... It would have been nice to see a difficult system, even if it only turned enemies into health sponges, and made the player take more damage from each hit. I'd have like to see a warchief one hit me at least once.
2. Everyone who says this game is short is annoying. Again, it's no shorter than any other game in its genre, i.e. Creed and Arkham primarily. Even on top of that though, it's actually quite long. I'd spent 15 hrs in the game before I'd even transitioned from area 1 to area 2. Don't fast travel (which is a rule everyone should follow in every RPG, Skyrim included), actually use the Nemesis system for its intended purpose (i.e. for the player to stuff things up, manipulate orc conflicts and so forth), do the side missions. If you actually play RPGs like they're meant to be played, then they turn out not to be short. It's a somewhat pathetic criticism to say that the game is short if you don't take full advantage of the side activities provided in it.
If you do, and you still think it's short, then consider this. Playing as above, it took me more than 20 hrs to finish the game. Now, I paid $40 AUD for the base game on G2A and $20 for the season pass. There's basically no season pass content for now, so I'll discount that. $40 for 20 hrs enjoyment is worth it. That's a $2/hour. At a cinema, you'd pay $15 for 2 hours. That's $7.50/hour. At least, in Australia, where I'm from, you'd pay that. Is the game worth it when you consider it like that? Yes. Definitely.
"#1 This game is easy"
Use this table by seikur0. He made it so every captain/Warchief you encounter will automatically be level 20, its pretty hard even with cheats unless you have infinite health turned on...
[Edited by fox23vang, 10/6/2014 10:52:33 PM]
I think for me, the reason my game love might have been dying is because there hasn't been a game all year that actually stood up and was equal to the hype until Mordor. That, and I'm a Battlefield player, and we all know how BF4 turned out...
* Updated game trainers and cheats daily
* Get notified when new cheats are added
* Request which games get new trainers
* Priority support with any problem
• Remove Unlock Prerequisites
• Freeze Trials of War Timer
+ 16 more options