Crusader Kings II Discussion
This religious focused DLC will focus on the Abrahamic religions. More specifically: Judaism, Islamic, and Christianity. In contrast to The Old Gods and its Pagan centralization.
That's right, Jewish followers will finally find their place inside the world of vanilla (un-modded) Crusader Kings II.
New features include:
- A more defined Papacy. Including a Collage of Cardinals. Where the Pope elects Cardinals from amongst all the Catholic nations of Europe. In time one of these Cardinals will be elected Pope when the current one dies. No longer will the pope be a random person each time, you can now try and place your family on the most revered seat of the Papacy which will grant you boons.
- If you are a devout Catholic, or helped your family succeed to the Papacy, you can request aid of the Pope. Including Holy wars on your most hated Heathen or Heretical enemies or request his aid financially. Be warned though, all these favors will take their toll on him.
- Play as a Judaic lord and try to restore the Kingdom of Israel as a safe bastion for all those who believe as you do.
- Holy orders have been overhauled, now you can interact with them, and watch their influence grow. New orders such as the Christian Knights of Santiago and the Zoroastrian Immortals are now added. With these you can send off your trouble making sons with a small chance that they will become the next Grandmaster of their order.
- Heresies now have a chance of overpowering the Norm and becoming the proper modern religion. Such as the Carther and their female priests.
- A historical divide between the Sunni schools of Mutazili and Ashari.
- Other Minor things include Christian pilgrimages to various holy places, and retiring aging courtiers to the monastery.
Judaism will only be represented as a nation in the Old Gods start date of 867. Where historically the Khazar Khanate had converted to Judaism. However you will periodically have Jewish courtiers appear which you can educate your future heirs and perhaps one day become a Jewish Kingdom. Also if you have the Ruler Designer you can use that to make your ruler Jewish.
With this new Expansion will be a new Patch. Patch 2.0 (or Phase two of the expansion cycle)
The patch will include over 300 new events, Steam Cloud saving, Ironman mode (just like Europa Universalis IV), and over 50 Steam achievements to get. Such as reforming the Roman Empire, or mingling with various religious mechanics effectively.
You can watch the Twitch stream of it here:
Check out the Paradox section of it here:
and check out the first of several Developer Diaries here:
[Edited by Slvrbuu, 10/23/2013 5:51:02 PM]
Holy Order overhaul and no more random popes interest me a lot, can't wait
As far as they said in several of their streams on Twitch, they will continue making DLC so long as people keep asking for, and buying them. They like when people play their games, and give them ideas.
Also benefits of DLC is they open up more of their engine to modders. I also like the Cloud Saving, I've lost my saves a few times.
They never actually said the last one was to "be the last". In fact they said they have several more planned through next year.
I saw the livestream. The guy they interviewed there stated that the Old Golds was the last DLC released for this game.
* Updated game trainers and cheats daily
* Get notified when new cheats are added
* Request which games get new trainers
* Priority support with any problem