Another user posted a workout around for gold. I credit user johnste. He did post this somewhere on the board and I slightly extended it. This is copy/paste from another thread about gold.
Well, I've messing with the trainer and game for almost 2 hours.
About the infinite gold, I to came across the same issue and saw this posting in another thread:
1) move everything ( your characters ) in this directory c:users/your name/saved games/Ascaron Entertainment/sacred 2 to another directory
2) delete everything in this directory
3) start the cheat
4) start a new game and it will ask you to select new character
5) setup your character and begin the game
6) once in game, activate the cheat
7) press num 2 and you should hear and see the millionaire achievement milestone ( only this confirms that unlimited money is valid )
Apparently if you have a character (say Dragon Mage) and the above folder of characters is empty you when you press num 2 the word "millionaire: floats above the characters head. Now your gold is usable.
But if you want to start another character and have usable gold do this-
1. Save these two files hero01.sacred2save and hero01.sacred2stats Move elsewhere.
2. Empty out c:users/your name/saved games/Ascaron Entertainment/sacred 2
3. Start trainer
4. Start game/ create new character
5. Enable unlimted gold (you have see 'millionare' float above characters head showing gold is usable.
6 Exit game
7. Take the files from step 1
8. Rename them hero02.sacred2save and hero02.sacred2stats or 03 04 depending on how many times you've done this. Just remember not to overright the saves in your folder!
9. Put the files from step 8 back into c:users/your name/saved games/Ascaron Entertainment/sacred 2
Now both characters should have usable gold.
The money cheat is the only option that gives me issue. I messed with the game for almost 2 hours and finally checked another thread to get it to work. lol
Speaking of which, the money fix was submitted by a user named johntse so the credit goes to him.
I was wondering, are you hitting F1 to activate the trainer in game? You don't want to activate the trainer at the main menu, it must be in game. That is the only thing I can think of that would cause the trainer not to work.
Gold is a bit more complicated. I'm sure you saw my post on that.
The latest trainer is now 2670 days old and was written for the RETAIL version of the game.
Do you own the retail version?