1. If any of your hardware is overclocked then immediately reset it back to stock rates.
2. Ensure all of your hardware temperatures are within normal operating levels. You may need to check your CPU heatsink that it is properly attached and if you need some new thermal paste to it. Also check for dust blocking ports.
3. If you use any "unofficial" releases of drivers to get more performance out of your hardware, uninstall it now and reinstall the official drivers. Also take the time to check all your drivers to see if there are updated versions of them.
4. Perform basic hardware troubleshooting such as CHKDSK and Memtest.
5. Check for BIOS updates for your motherboard and apply them. You will have to perform the update within the BIOS itself or via a bootable disk program to ensure your system does not crash if you attempt to do this in Windows (if it crashes during this update, you will brick your motherboard).
If all the above steps fail then you will have to consider doing an RMA process. It's a pain in the ass as it is nearly impossible to determine the specific faulting module if the tests didn't show which components are failing. A last ditch effort to stop the problem if doing an RMA is not an option is to start removing non-essential pieces of hardware in hopes that it will become more stable (sound cards, graphics card, etc). Note that if you do find the faulting hardware do not assume that it's the component as it could be an issue with the socket it was connected to as well.
[Edited by Neo7, 12/24/2012 5:41:23 PM]
I don't really know how to do any of that. I am decent with computers but I don't know how to overclock/disable overclocking. I don't believe my processor is over overclocked.
I have checked my temps when playing games like Far Cry 3 and Max Payne 3 and they are fine.
I have the official AMD drivers from october 22nd. I have done both a chkdsk and a Memtest and they both say my RAM and my hard drives are ok.
I don't know how to update my Bios and I know if I try it will most likely kill my mother board.
I am going to be going to a friend who is really talented with computers. He was the one who built this one for me and I am thinking of getting a new processor and seeing if that is the problem. In the event logs it says fatal error processor core for four of them.
I appreciate the help.
* Updated game trainers and cheats daily
* Get notified when new cheats are added
* Request which games get new trainers
* Priority support with any problem