Borderlands 2 Discussion
Trainer Tools and Resources
I've yet to play with latest patch but with GTX 680-SLI (306.97) the game can get stuck at 30fps in Caustic Caverns, otherwise 19x12 max-settings with high PhysX it's 75fps. That's with Adaptive power off, GPU utilisation is only 45% on 2nd GPU, 38% on first and will check the changes.
Steam patch notes for 1.1.3 states:
- Added a toggle for whether textures should fade or pop in when a higher-resolution version loads. High-end computers can disable this to avoid seeing lower-resolution textures streaming in.
- Added the ability to reset all challenge progress for a character once they've completed 85% of all non-DLC, non-area-specific challenge levels. This will keep the player's current challenge bonuses and rank, but reset all challenge progress to 0 and allow challenges to be re-completed for additional ranks and bonuses. Resetting is available on the "challenges" screen of the status menu and will display as a tooltip at the bottom of the screen if the player has met the criteria.
- Fixed a bug where profile files set to "read only" were not being saved.
- Fixed a performance issue in Captain Scarlett and her Pirate's Booty content with PhysX set to Medium or High.
I use FRAPS for monitoring the fps. Also, I might add that I play in 1440x900 resolution which is a little lower than most people play in. When I do have drops in frames it's when I spin around wildly with tons of npcs on screen. As well, my preferred playstyle it to get distance and pick enemies off and not be in the center of mobs, I'm sure this also makes a difference.
I did not know the option was available for PhysX in the menu now. I set my options on game release and I haven't changed them since then. On initial release I did not see an option to change PhysX as you say there is now that option available, but either way... it's also in the ini file.
Thanks for the tip re: Fraps. I have it now and I'm doing better than I thought re: fps.
You know you can use Afterburner (free & swiss armyknife for any GPU) with more options for optionally monitoring (OSD/LCD keyboards) your GPU usage, temps, clocks, fan speed, volts, VRAM. I also use Fraps but toggle them on one at a time when I'm not recording.
Has anyone noticed improvements with the Nvidia 310.33 drivers in Caustic Caverns? If your playing happily enough, post your fps+GPU/s+drivers.
* Updated game trainers and cheats daily
* Get notified when new cheats are added
* Request which games get new trainers
* Priority support with any problem