Diablo 3 Discussion
Trainer Tools and Resources
0 option(s) for voting
Boost currently not available
Hell yeah i can manage with it when going to next checkpoint and general looking around but boss fights are nearly impossible with the lag
A more personal nag is the fact that the barbarian, the games tank, needs to have a balance of strength, vitality, dexterity and armor, yet there is like no gear that balances those, its either you stack vital and armor, but hit like a pansy, or you hit like the hulk on steroids, but get pimp slapped like a 2 dollar *****. If there is armor that has a good balance of those stats, i have yet to see it, and it will probably cost 10 quadrillionbillion gold.
Then again considering i have put 104 hours directly into my barb must mean blizz is doing something right.
Tactics people, you need em especially on higher difficulties
You may have got away with standing and tanking something on lower difficulties... but that isn't always the case on higher ones, there is damage mitigation, skill/spell rotations, positioning etc to take into consideration.
AH isn't broken, just people who misuse it. It works. Let me say that again IT IS THE PEOPLE WHO USE IT. Don't blame the software for the greedy people asking for silly money on things.
[Edited by DABhand, 6/6/2012 10:33:57 AM]
Err ... please do not find any excuse for Blizzard for such epic failure in delivery of service. In fact, Blizzard jolly well knows that there are going to be millions of people buying the game, past record from WOW and SC/SC2 launches would have told them that.
And one more thing, in case you are under the impression that this is going to be a one off thing like other games which just requires gamer to login and authenticate their purchase of the game - it is not going to be. In fact, by insisting on an always on connection, Blizzard basically brought this upon themselves and @$%# themselves up royally..
Let me explain, in other games, or even D2, you only need to log in to the server to authenticate your copy of the game and that's it. If you play LAN or single player, you would not be imposing a load on the game at all. And even multiplayer would not have exerted too much of load on the server, as most of the time the clients would host the game (since the code is on the client.)
However, in D3, Blizzard decide to keep most of the code on the server (ostensibly to prevent hacking. duping and what not .. and look at the current condition of the game with multiple reports of duping and hacking going on :P).
This would increase the control Blizzard have over the game, but at what cost. I will not going into issues of lack of Mods, player control over the gameplay, player made contents (as opposed to Mods using in game content) etc. But first and foremost, it increases the server load on the server exponentially and I would expect that they would need a server farm of a significant size - even MMO size, to service all the concurrent login and hostings of the games by the players.
But obviously, Blizzard is not ready to spend the required amount of money on the servers needed and thus the fiasco since the launch day which is still happening right now.
There is only two ways out for Blizzard :
1) drastically increase the number of server to up the capacities.
2) optimise the code (if there are scope for optimisation) and move some of the calc over to the client side.
or perhaps the third way - wait till their player base dropped to a level which their current server cap can support.
1) the thing is, in D3 item outclass everything. If your DPS on the weapon is low, it lowers the output of many of your skills too! Moreover, with a limit of passive and active skills, there isn't much strategy to be used here. And positioning .. if you mean kiting, then it is not much of a strategy at all.
2) and AH .. what they said about it been broken is about its interface. What has that go to do with people asking for silly prices. And that is a nature of AH! of course there will be people asking for all sorts of prices. If AH cannot handle that, then obviously there is something wrong with it
1. Dunno what your talking about it, I am talking about higher levels where people expect to stand in the one spot and beat a boss to death, doesn't work. They need to think strategy. As for positioning, have you never been on an MMO raid before? Don't stand in things that hurt you know, positioning. Like said most people prefer the stand on same spot, which means they get damage from AOE effects etc.
2. What we talked about was not to do with the interface, dunno where you got that from. It is the fact people post things at ridiculous prices. I think you haven't been reading, and only going on my post and assuming what was said.
* Updated game trainers and cheats daily
* Get notified when new cheats are added
* Request which games get new trainers
* Priority support with any problem