Diablo 3 Discussion
Trainer Tools and Resources
0 option(s) for voting
Boost currently not available
the annoyance is the unneccesary NEED for all this. the core gameplay didn't require online only DRM. the doesn't need that AT ALL. the DRM, and all infrastructure and servers and etc. is blizzard's attempt at cutting down on piracy and keeping item/gold farmers from 'ruining' the game as well as providing 'some' profit to blizzard even if the farming by bots and hacks occurs.
1) the AH being 'needed' at all to begin with is debatable. this game would have been just fine without it.
2) having the log/pass server client model likely DID eliminate piracy of the game. you can't play without at l/p. it also causes problems for LEGIT players. it also eliminates the ability to do anything with the game for longevity (i.e. mods and trainers and editors). once you completed it in 10-20 hours or so then that's it. although it will be fun to use the different characters in new runs a few times, i don't see millions of people replaying this game 100's of times, but that's just me.
3) what is at question here is why blizzard forced MMO DRM and economy models to basically a single player game that didn't need it. the only win out of this i see is that blizzard likely got an amazing amount of people who BOUGHT the game instead of pirating it, and for that it was pretty successful scheme.
also, i suppose it will be easier to add content to the game in the future or make 'fixes' to certain things via the server, etc.
my 2 cents, (not that i am right or wrong)
btw Test Drive Unlimited 2 and Borderlands are examples of online games (more or less) with the ability to play offline. But in Diablo 3 there could be a problem with the AH system (cheated items, gold, etc.). And I think a release group will create a workaround in the future. Ubisofts system has been cracked, too.
And I'm quite sure Blizzard has the hardware for a smooth start. A few million players on 4 or 5 servers? Similar to WoW. And Blizzard is a big company.
I don't know if this is significantly higher traffic on Blizzrd's servers or on my ISP, but I do know it's not coming from my internal network. Either way, it's a problem that would not exist if there was an offline mode available.
[Edited by Neo7, 5/16/2012 9:38:14 PM]
[Edited by mikoto, 5/16/2012 10:24:26 PM]
* Updated game trainers and cheats daily
* Get notified when new cheats are added
* Request which games get new trainers
* Priority support with any problem
• Enhanced Character Speed (IMPROVED)
• Reveal Map
+ 2 more options