Legend of Grimrock Discussion
Trainer Tools and Resources
Here's more detailed instructions than what I gave above:
1. Start the game
2. Load your saved game
3. ALT-TAB back to desktop
4. Start Cheat Engine
5. Click the first button with the color-flashing border (if you keep your mouse over the button the tooltip should read "Select a process to open folder"
6. From the list of processes, select "grimrock.exe" and click the "Open" button
7. In the "Value type" field, select "Double"
8. ALT-TAB back to game
9. Go to the Skills page for the character you want to modify and note the total number of skill points you have
10. ALT-TAB out of game and go to Cheat Engine window
11. Enter in the skill points (noted from step 9) in the "Value:" field
12. Click on the "First Scan" button
13. After it finishes searching, ALT-TAB back to game
14. Upgrade any skill by 1 point, so now your total skill points is decreased by 1
15. ALT-TAB back to Cheat Engine and enter the new total skill points in the "Value:" field (from step 14), then click the "Next Scan" button
16. After searching is complete, ALT-TAB back to game and increase any skill point by one again, and your total skill points is decreased by 1 again
17. ALT-TAB back to Cheat Engine and enter the new total skill points in the "Value:" field (from step 16), then click the "Next Scan" button again
18. Continue steps 16 - 17 until you see only one (sometimes two) address(es) remaining in the list on the left side of the Cheat Engine window. This is where the total skill points is at and just change the address(es) to whatever value you want (I used 250).
19. Go back to game and you can now upgrade each skill (up to the maximum 50 allowed by the game) for that character
20. For the other characters, just do the same thing starting with step 9
As some have stated, the trainer doesn't work for some people, myself included, which prompted me to use an alternative. It's been awhile since I've had to use Cheat Engine since cheathappens usually covers my needs, but in this case I had no choice but to do it myself.
Agree, using Cheat Engine should NOT be necessary.
Just look at the very complicated instructions, nice if you're a software engineer.
The Cheat Happens trainer/editor does not work for me, and I tried all the instructions from other posts.
[B]ALSO:[/B] V1.1.4 is referring to the game version? But the Steam version of the "grimrock.exe" does not have a [Version] tab in Properties. So how do we tell what version we have
[Edited by tecknomage, 4/30/2012 5:19:51 PM]
* Updated game trainers and cheats daily
* Get notified when new cheats are added
* Request which games get new trainers
* Priority support with any problem