1. Textures loading on-the-fly.
2. Line glitches / other GFx anomalies.
3. Poor performance no matter the settings.
4. Audio and sometimes video shuttering.
Here's how to fix most of the stuff:
A. In the /base/ directory of the game, make a file called rageconfig.cfg.
Edit it and add the following lines:
Note #1: if you have a video card with less then 1GB memory, use 4096 instead of 8192 for the values above.
B. Start rage.exe with the following parameters:
+cvaradd g_fov 10 +com_allowconsole 1 +com_skipIntroVideo 1 +image_usecompression 1 +g_showplayershadow 0 +m_smooth 0 +fc_maxcachememoryMB 1024
This fixes the cache problems and some others, skips intro, enables console and modifies FoV. And yes, player shadows are uber-bugged and had to go.
This fixes the most major issues (except character temporal de-phase - I haven't figured that one yet, but certainly the sheriff de-phases a lot).
Except that, there's some shuttering occasionally, but a lot less then with no fix.
For ATi/AMD users, update to this driver:
For nV users, wait a little more. There will be a nV general driver fix/optimization also.
Forgot to mention, but steam users should know: the launch options can be found by right-clicking on RAGE in Steam --> "Properties". There, click on "Set Launch Options" in the dialog that spawns.
[Edited by Borg_Overmind, 10/9/2011 1:33:00 PM]
* Updated game trainers and cheats daily
* Get notified when new cheats are added
* Request which games get new trainers
* Priority support with any problem