Recettear: An Item Shop´s Tale Discussion
Trainer Tools and Resources
* Win XP SP3, Steam version
* Anti-virus (kaspersky) temporarily disabled to make sure it's not the problem.
* Start the trainer first, then load the game.
* F1 at the opening screen doesn't cause a problem, and the encyclopedia and options can be viewed with no problem. Loading a game or starting a new game causes an instant crash.
* F1 after loading a game or starting a new game also causes an instant crash.
As I wrote in the other thread, thanks for writing the trainer for this game in the first place! I hope I can get it to work.
I would completely uninstall Kaspersky and any other security software. Install the combined community codec pack and make sure sound card is functioning properly.
I'm not willing to uninstall Kaspersky at this point, but since you suggested that, I closed Kaspersky and made sure any Kaspersky related processes were not running (rather than just suspending protection). I don't have any other security/firewall/etc. software on this pc.
Despite all of those, I get exactly the same crash results.
I'm using an xbox wireless controller for windows so I turned it off and tried things with they keyboard. No luck there.
Can anyone confirm that 1.108 trainer currently works on Windows XP specifically?
The only desperation moves I can think of are uninstalling kaspersky as you said although I don't expect to get different results than just killing all its processes. The other would be to disable sound in the hardware manager to see if it makes a difference.
I have used several other trainers in the past with no problem, but I just downloaded a new one (GRID) and it eventually crashed my game also. Perhaps as you said there is something specific on this computer now.
Just in case anyone else is reading this with the same problem, the problem is probably not localization as I am using English OS with all USA localization settings.
If I figure it out, I will post.
1) Make sure to download the 1.108 trainer when using 1.108 game.
Doh! I think I grabbed the trainer from the page that came up on a google search rather than browsing to the full trainers list for the game.
Really sorry about wasting anyone's time. It works. Thanks again for the trainer and the site.
* Up to 400 new and updated trainers monthly
* Manage and update trainers through one app
* Request which games get new trainers
* Priority support with any problem