Fallout: New Vegas Discussion
Trainer Tools and Resources
We know what you think, but an increase in complaints after the patch fortunately sides against you. I'm not sure why you continue to ignore what even Obsidian's developers are conceding.
There were bugs that Obsidian admitted that EVERYONE had or still has, so i'll list a couple:
- Unkillable enemies in .280 patch, this was due to a game engine issue (fixed in .285)
- Stuttering near or around NPCs, this is due to using an old version of FaceGen software (fixed for nVidia users in .280, still not fixed for ati)
- NPCs typing in the air on empty desks (not fixed)
- Scorpion mobs walking around on their heads (not fixed)
- Weapons that load shells by hand can cause character lock up (fixed in .280)
- Buying cards from merchants that you already have crashes the game (fixed in .280)
- Lead Belly perk only works on consumables but not from world water sources (not fixed)
- Scorpions can fall through the world when they die instead of leaving the corpse for you to loot (not fixed)
These are not all of them, just some of the bugs that Bethesda and Obsidian admits that everyone experiences. But you still insist that you haven't seen any bugs at all even when some of these bugs affect common things like NPCs at desks or scorpions.
I'm not sure why you need to continue to spread misinformation to mislead people when the companies themselves are willing to admit fault.
We get it, you like them. At least be truthful in your admiration.
If this game gets game of the year, it would be an insult to the entire game industry especially with games like StarCraft 2, Mass Effect 2, and BioShock 2 having come out this year. All of them without the shoddy release issues.
[Edited by kbernstar, 11/11/2010 10:19:37 AM]
I am not ignoring them. I still have not come across all these problems people are having and I am about finished the game. Thats my point. I have only had one issue of the ghost ghoul other than that no problems. I am not miss leading as I have said. I have only had one issue so until all these other issues happen me. My statement stands!
[Edited by Lord-Servius, 11/11/2010 10:16:33 AM]
1 - If you go through the official forums, some people are trying to recommend you downgrade your video card drivers to see if it helps (people were suggesting nVidia users drop back to the 186.18s - these drivers are from July 2009) so this whole "lol video card driver" solution is obviously not the solution.
2 - The game installs (when you install the game) missing DirectX files or updates them for you if your version is not up to date for the game itself since all games include the DirectX 9.0c redist. This isn't even a possibility.
3 - The game runs on the Steam Cloud and Steam forces the game to update for you. People are actually complaining that the game worked better for them (myself included) before the most recent patch and are trying to find a way to disable the game from updating. So having the game not up to date is also not possible.
Sorry. It is not the fault of the end user. Stop blaming the end user. All you have to do is look at Obsidian's track record. 100% of games they have released have had massive technical issues. So either you accept that Obsidian is incompetent or you are like one of the fanboys and actually believe the unlikely notion that every single person that has ever bought an Obsidian game is just dumb and can't figure out how to use a computer including paid technical writers at game review publications.
[Edited by kbernstar, 11/16/2010 5:53:37 AM]
I had just gotten Fisto, the last "prostitute" for the Atomic Wrangler so all I had to do was turn in the quest. Seemed simple enough.
Walk into the Atomic Wrangler. For some retarded reason, I find there's a guard inside that is now hostile to me. But that's not the worst of it.
I have Cass with me. Cass was set to be ranged and passive.
So obviously Cass pulls out her machete, rushes forward and kills... Old Ben. One of the other prostitutes that I had recruited for the quest that was just sitting at the bar, neutral to me causing the rest of the Atomic Wrangler to become hostile.
I paid for this?
Nothing here worked.
If you bet on a fight, the fight sequence starts, two opposing sides spawn and they sit there staring at each other and nothing happens. This results in Red Ruby being stuck telling you that it's time for blood, not talking. If you stealth and use a silencer to kill one side to try to end the fight that way, it doesn't work because it won't trigger the winning side's door to open to trigger the "win" event so you just have one side running into a permanently closed door effectively shutting off the Thorn area completely since the arena is broken and the one NPC is in a dialog loop.
If you try to get a fight, there are several bugs that can occur:
- If you kill the enemies before they rush into the middle of the arena, the fight event sticks and will not register a win. The gate remains closed and you're stuck in there. Cool.
- If you kill the enemies properly after they rush you, the gate opens and sometimes you will have about 0.0004 seconds to run through the door to get back to the top before it slams shut instantly again and you're stuck with no way to open it again. Cool.
- Sometimes your companions will end up in the arena with you for some reason. I imagine they're not supposed to be and they do nothing but block your way to prevent you from getting through that instantly closing door. Cool.
- Randomly, the opponent will decide they can walk through walls and will walk back through the closed gate of their spawn area preventing me from killing them but now they can no longer walk through walls so they can't kill me either so the battle cannot end. Cool.
Just avoid this whole place like the plague unless you want to spend hours console teleporting yourself back and forth between reloading your saves.
[Edited by kbernstar, 11/17/2010 9:21:21 AM]
* Updated game trainers and cheats daily
* Get notified when new cheats are added
* Request which games get new trainers
* Priority support with any problem