Dragon Age: Origins Discussion
Trainer Tools and Resources
Going through the steamapps etc files and adding to the target -enabledeveloperconsole doesn't do anything. Although this is due to there not being a DAOrigins.EXE file, only a link to the launcher, and I heard this is the wrong file- even though the correct one apparently doesn't exist.
"C:\Steam\steamapps\common\dragon age origins\bin_ship\DAOrigins.exe" -enabledeveloperconsole
Going through steam itself, and changing the launch options to include -enabledeveloperconsole also doesn't seem to work. I am starting to run out of ideas, because no matter what I do it will open various windows in the game and I can still move (I know you can't see the console itself as such)
The instructions are right at the top regarding the Steam version. Also, you can use this mod from Dragon Age Nexus that will allow you to see the typing while in the console.
I added the launch option in the properties of the game in Steam.
I changed the key binding to the = key.
I even downloaded that font.erf file.
I still cannot get the console to show up. When I try it, nothing happens and when I type in the "runscript" i get all the windows popping up associated with those key bindings.
Does anyone have any suggestions for me?
"F:\Program Files\Dragon Age\bin_ship\daorigins.exe" -enabledeveloperconsole
Be sure you place the font file in the override data folder like this "Documents\BioWare\Dragon Age\packages\core\data", nowhere else.
You can also go to this Link and then read the second section "Enabling the console", and then the second part in that called "By editing a game file", which helps make the console command work when you've done the shortcut add-on and it doesn't work..
[Edited by tommy6860, 2/28/2011 2:07:09 AM]
For those of you using DA:O Ultimate Edition from Steam and still wondering I will simplify:
- On the link it talks about modifying an .xml file. This is the only way to do it for Steams DAO UE.
- You must then make sure to set the right key into the keybindings file, also mentioned later down the link. I used "Control + Keyboard::Button_X" for myself and that worked well.
- Finally, I did use the mod mentioned in the link to see the script which works great.
All in all, that was just what was needed to get this working.
Thanks again Tommy!
* Updated game trainers and cheats daily
* Get notified when new cheats are added
* Request which games get new trainers
* Priority support with any problem