Civilization 5 Discussion
Trainer Tools and Resources
0 option(s) for voting
Boost currently not available
if you are using a version of the game that is not the PAID FOR and PLAYED THROUGH STEAM then it could have been done incorrectly and causes crashes, bad saves. sometimes a 'fix' version is posted later, which seems to be the case here-
otherwise, i cannot reproduce save/load game crashes here with my legit STEAM version of the game.
[Edited by Caliber, 9/25/2010 9:14:41 AM]
So not having the trainer activated during the loading process allows me to load the game just fine. And the trainer activates fine during gameplay. Try that and it might work for you.
Make sure you are using the right trainer.
1. Unlimited movement = not unlimited. Move more than 15 spaces at a time it will crash. If you move 14 or less tiles it will work ok.
2. Faster building and research is great at the beginning of the game but when you get up in level it might take activation 2 or 3 times to get it to finish.
3. Policy and Golden age points are hit or miss. (when using it in game and you press the key for either sometimes you will get a lot of point and sometimes you wont get any at all) also these options have crashed my machine if I use them to much.
4. Money is great.
I also have noticed if you use the trainer over time the game will become unstable and crash. i have tried with and without trainer and it only crashes with trainer usage. (could be database issues with the game with all the information it is handling the trainer's wait timer might not be long enough.)
I noticed with lag with the game with trainer usage and without this could also be causing issues with trainer.
I do an auto save every turn along with a quick save at the end of each turn, because of the crashes. I can't load any saved game, going back a few auto saves, even after a restart and not loading the trainer.
So not sure what is causing the corruption of saved game files, but the game is definitely buggy with all the crashes. Might have to give them a while to actually finish the game. Still in Beta testing phase.
[Edited by ScytheNoire, 9/25/2010 1:08:32 PM]
I have a game I can not load but it is due to downloading a mod, enabling the mod, loading an old save then saving over it. The mod enabled or not prevents me from loading.
This is a Civ 5 bug of some kind. Try loading a game and duplicating your efforts WITHOUT the trainer and I feel confident you can get a problem with save games.
Of course that doesn't mean that use of the trainer will never cause a problem with a save game just that you can do it without the trainer running.
* Updated game trainers and cheats daily
* Get notified when new cheats are added
* Request which games get new trainers
* Priority support with any problem
firewall and other security software.
on trainer and game.
version and distribution.