Le boring rant blog
posted 12/4/2013 4:49:58 PM
Ratchet bought me Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition on Steam. I'm enjoying it, but the memory leak is really draining out the fun after 5-6h of playing. The longer I play the longer it takes for the game to load new parts of the map. Then everything starts lagging, even the conversations. Restarting the game is the solution so far, but come on.
Speaking of BioWare, DA: Origins and SWTOR, I'd like to know what happened to the team which designed armors for DA: Origins. Were they involved in making SWTOR's armors? Why do SWTOR's armors look so damn retarded? (Trooper/Bounty Hunter armors are exceptions.)
Speaking of all this there's my never-ending "New PC" drama which will come to an end. I've spoken with my personal banker, it's been set, I can get some money and buy the damn thing. Finally. If all goes well, I'll be assembling it next week. You can expect pictures. And this is the final build, built with the help of DABhand and HG.
- MSI Z87-G43 GAMING, 1150, Intel Z87
- MSI GTX770 GAMING, 4GB DDR5, Core clock 1137Mhz (Boost 1189Mhz), Mem. clock: 7010Mhz
- Intel Core i5-4670k, 3.4Ghz, 1150, 6MB
- Seagate 1TB Baracuda 7200RPM, SATA-III
- 16GB DDR3@1600Mhz (2x8GB) Corsair Vengeance PRO, support latest 3rd and 4th Intel Core, XMP 1.3, 1.5V
- Originally planned: Corsair AX Series 860W Platinum, fully modular, ATX12V v2.31 - unavailable for now.
- Corsair AX Series 760W Platinum, fully modular, ATX12V v2.31, ATX
- Originally planned: Antec 1200V3 Black - unavailable
- Replacement: CoolerMaster Stormtrooper - unavailable
- CoolerMaster HAF-X
Coming to a total cost of 1325 euro or $1805 or 1105BP. Just a tad outside of my budget but to hell with it.