||In this review, I'm going to review any pieces of the game as positive and negative points.
+ The gameplay was really great, Specially to me, it was even beyond of my expectation. Using of lights in a unique way and with a great mixture with weapons by a brilliant reflection.
+ Diversity of the gameplay between day and night causes we see a two different shapes in the gameplay. One with comfort and convenience and the other one with fear. These two differences have effected on the game.
+ The game's worth replaying, simply you will never get tired of doing that.
- Even though the missions have been designed in a way that you feel it's an Open World, But the game could have given more freedoms to the player. You should pass the specific paths and you can't do much more.
- It gets a bit boring and repetitive in the last episodes of the game.
Sound & Music
+ The game's music are really beautiful and audible, Specially in the ending of each episode. The tracks grant a special sense to the player.
+ Sound on the objects and it's effects done well. The makers been totally successful on this part.
+ Even though enemies' voices are a bit mysterious sometimes, but generally is made well, It's also sort of scary.
+ , - Voice of characters can be cleaved to two parts, Some of the characters have no defect on this part and have an effective vocal but the other group are annoying with a low quality.
Storyline & Characters
+ The twisted story of Alan Wake will be expressed interestingly and makes the player thinking. The factor we can see less in other games in the current generation.
+ The episodic mode really fits the game and has made the game more unique. At the end of any episode it finishes with a marvelous happening. Also the next episode begins with a summary of the previous episode.
+ The Alan character is designed well and the player can communicate with the character. Alice is designed well, too but not as good as Alan.
+ Following the story and events via TV, Radio or book pages is made greatly.
+ Putting TVs, Radios and Manuscripts has improved the game's atmosphere.
+ Interesting implying to different sources such as Movies (Shining , LOTR, ...) and great authors like Steven King, etc is done professionally.
- Subsidiary characters are annoying, You can't contact them well.
- The story is over-twisted, You may not find out the story well by finishing the game once.
+ The lighting is really extraordinary and exclusive. I hadn't seen a similar parable before. Sometimes "amazing word" can't describe it. It's fantastic literally.
+ Designing shadows which are complementary of lighting is impressive. Your flashlight's light toward objects makes a perfect shadow as real as possible. By getting far or close to an object, the size of shadow will be changed.
+ Views are really beautiful and stunning. Specially flowers and plants. They also have a good physics. Trees don't look so good and have average textures but from far view they seem pretty good, Specially at nights.
+ Interesting effects, Such as fog or leaves movements at night are fantastic!
+ Draw Distance is wonderful.
- Characters animations isn't as goo as other parts at all. Sometimes they are not even good, They are "average". The game is based on characterization should have been more powerful on this factor.
- Designing facials isn't acceptable except Alan and few others. It's not bad but looks artificial and soulless, Specially while speaking. Sometimes lips movement and eyes doesn't fit the voices.
-There is a big defect in the graphic part beside poor animations, The environment, Objects and water shows no reaction against shooting, For example nothing happens if you shoot at a bottle, It doesn't even tremble or crack. That's a significant defect for a game like Alan Wake.
- The game looks a bit "Dim". I think it's because of the resolution.
- Some objects have a not very good Shadow. But it's ignorable.
In general, It was the game I was expected. An extraordinary game indeed, Except some small defects it hasn't any other problem. It's good enough to stuns you!