While looking through their list (I'm quite into more realistic simulation) I saw something I'd only ever heard about prototypes for in the past and hadn't realised they'd made them mainstream marketed products (I know, I know, they've been on the market for a while now)
But either way, I decided to buy myself one of THESE Link
Will hopefully arrive on monday or tuesday!
Fore those who havn't scrolled down or didn't look and want to know, it's compatible with the following games.
Supported Games (PC)
* 3RD Space™ Incursion (bundled game)
* Armed Forces Corp. (v1.0)
* Battlefield Bad Company™ 2
* Bioshock™ 2 (v1.0)
* Blacksite™ Area 51 (v1.0/1.1/1.2)
* Borderlands™ (v1.0/1.01/1.10/1.2/1.21)
* Brothers in Arms™ - Hells Highway
* Call Of Duty™ Modern Warfare 2 (v1.0/P1/P2)
* Call Of Duty™ World at War (v1.1/1.2/1.3/1.4/1.5/1.6)
* Call Of Duty™ 4 (v1.4/1.5/1.6/1.7)
* Call of Duty™ 2 (bundled game)
* Call Of Juarez™ - Bound in Blood (v1.0/1.1)
* Clive Barker's Jericho™ (v1.0)
* Combat Arms™
* Crysis™ (v1.1/1.2/1.2.1)
* Crysis™ - Warhead (v1.0/1.1)
* Damnation™ (v1.0)
* DarkSector™ (v1.0)
* DarkVoid™ (v1.0)
* Dead Space™ (v1.0)
* Doom 3™ (v1.3.1)
* Enemy Territory Quake Wars™ (v1.4/1.5)
* Fable™ - The Lost Chapters
* Fallout 3 (v1.0/1.7)
* Farcry 2™ (v1.0/1.1/1.2/1.3)
* F.E.A.R.™ (v1.0/1.08)
* F.E.A.R.™ 2 (v1.4)
* Frontlines™: Fuel Of War (v1.1)
* Godfather® 2 (v1.0.789.0)
* Halo 2 (v22.214.171.124)
* Halflife 2™ (Steam Version)
* Halflife 2™ - Episode 1 (Steam Version)
* Halflife 2™ - Episode 2 (Steam Version)
* Lost Planet - Colonies (v1.0/1.0.2)
* Mass Effect™ (v1.0/1.1)
* Medal Of Honor Airborne™ (v1.0)
* Mercenaries 2™
* Prey™ (v1.4)
* Prototype™ (v1.0)
* Quake™ 4 (v1.4.2)
* Rainbow Six™ Vegas 2 (v1.0/1.02/1.03)
* Resident Evil 5 (v1.0)
* S.T.A.L.K.E.R.™ - Clear Sky
* S.T.A.L.K.E.R.™ - Call of Pripyat
* TimeShift™ (v1.2)
* The Chronicals of Rid****™ - Assault on Dark Athena
* Turning Point - Fall Of Liberty™ (v1.0)
* Turok™ (v1.0)
* Unreal Tournament™ 3 (v1.1/1.2/1.3/2.0/2.1)
* Wolfenstein™ (v1.0/1.1)
* World of Warcraft™
* You Are Empty™ (v1.0)
I reckon with that flak jacket thing, and a pair of the slip on screen goggles, and some decent surroundsound headphones, your pretty simm'ed up for whatever you feel like playing. Apparently its a 'must have' in black or camo for all the 'hardcore MW2 players' so I got mine in pink.
Looks like I gonna make some trainers and sell them to earn some cash for getting this.
It has a lot of functions and can simulate anything from a soft touch to a full 5PSI (the jackets safety limit) of impact. It can let off just 1 or all 8 of them at once to simulate the concussive blast of explosions and nades and stuff. The list of games it works with are 'apparently' always being updated in the packages updated drivers some in, but personally im suprised the compatible games list doesn't include CSS given it's popularity.
Even still, since your characters experience a lot it surely must make crap-your-pants games like (or intended crap-your-pants games anyway) FEAR, Doom 3, Dead Space, Falllout 3 (hey, fallout is scary in some bits), Bioshock 1 & 2, etc etc etc...
Hopefully they add in support for things like CSS (even though i dont play it, lots do) Garry's Mod (though with the ammount of custom content that one will be a beeeetch) and stuff like the Left 4 Dead series. Just seems like such an awesome toy for just over £100, my Logitech G25 race wheel with pedals and 6 speed shifter cost £200, but the force feedback on that biatch is so bad it's sprained my wrist 3 times.
Either way, once it arrives I shal give y'all a nice in-depth review of my gaming experience with it, hopefully on a few different games. Will most likely try Doom 3, Borderlands, Half Life, Bioshock etc
[Edited by FireflyPoi, 8/14/2010 6:25:51 AM]
Will buy it once the cash flow is in.
And lets face it guys and girls, this is a trainer site, we're unlimited members because we use traines on games, I'm pretty sure I'm gonna get utterly owned by the thing especially at first. I think i'll be doing less standing still with god mode on, and more running around like a tard (with god mode on, of course).