Mass Effect 2
1) Do not activate the trainer (Press F1) when on the main menu. Load your game completely and then activate the trainer.
Many times I have faced crashes when I try to activate the trainer here.
2) Load your game through "Load Game" instead of "Resume Game". This maybe a game issue on why I am getting crashes, but whenever I use the "Load Game" function, the probability of a game crash is minimized.
3) Do not use the Easy Kills option...I have seen complaints for this option, and also have experienced crashes because of it. So use this on rare occasions or don't use it at all.
4) Don't run the game through the game loader, run it directry through MassEffect2.exe! This again prevents some crashes for me.
5) Use the No DVD fix available for your game version: This will again minimize any possibilities of game crahses. I have myself experienced the change.
6) Disable your Firewall/Anti-Virus. Anything blocking the game will mess everything up. This also applies with the trainer.
7) Reduce the frequency of minimizing the game (Alt+Tab, etc). This game sucks lots and lots of your system resources, so it might even hang your system.
Also run the trainer first, wait for it to authenticate unless you are not using the free one's and then run the game. Wait for some time and be patient.
Also it is extremely important you are thourough with this page: Link
Hope I have helped. I have played through the entire game with all the DLC's installed and the game updated to 1.02! No such problems encountered with the trainer with the above measures taken.
Wonderful advice which in fact should be used for all games. Indeed all of the 'tips' are essential for trouble free trainers in most cases. My thanks for posting this and your experiences.
You're welcome. I will come with such tips once I find a common problem amongst people on the game which I have.
[Edited by HonestGamer, 1/10/2014 11:50:58 AM]
I decided to revisit ME2 with a trainer and DLCs just for SnGs and honestly I did absolutely nothing special. Didn't even see this thread until now about halfway through the game. I've yet to notice anything
I even have my antivirus program still active and ran the game through the loader and through Steam and activated the trainer at random places. Sometimes I activated at the main menu. Sometimes I activated after loading, sometimes I just activated it while on the load screen just for the hell of it.
Think the problem is between the chair and keyboard.
[Edited by kbernstar, 8/23/2010 5:11:24 AM]
* Updated game trainers and cheats daily
* Get notified when new cheats are added
* Request which games get new trainers
* Priority support with any problem