Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Discussion
The Balance tweaks are as followed:
-Slightly increased the damage of the UZI at long range.
-The AKs74u now has more felt recoil when aiming.
-The G3, VSS, and all SemiAutomatic rifles now settle slightly faster between shots when aiming.
-The PKM, Type 88LMG, G3, An94, and 40mm shotgun have returned to their former glory.
-Increased the damage of the MG3 to bring it in line with the rest of the LMGs.
-Fixed a bug where the Saiga12 with slugs would do too much damage at long range.
-Fixed a bug where the SVU would do too little damage at long range.
-Fixed a bug where M95 rounds would not kill armored targets with headshots.
It's known as R8 Client/R12 Server patch. Nobody marks patches as 1st Patch, 2nd patch... that would be stupid.
Server Side Changes
- Some potential sources for lag/rubberbanding have been eliminated
- The old reserved slots has been replaced by a kick-on-demand system like in BF2
- Log file for server admins: all remote admin interface commands/events are logged
- Log file for server admins: major server events + all chat messages are logged
- Idle kick is controllable
- Profanity filter can be disabled
- Teamkill-kick system is controllable
- Ticket counts and bleed rate are controllable per-level
- Infantry only mode available per-level
- Initial spawn delay and respawn delay are adjustable
- Server description can be up to 400 characters, and use "|" for line breaks
- Banlist can contain up to 10.000 entries
- reduced latency in packet handling
Admin Interface Updates
- fixed the player.onKill spam that occasionally happened
- ensured that player.onJoin events always report the player name Interface - events triggered when people spawn
- much more info on kills
- detailed stats are reported at end-of-round
- Various minor level bugfixes
- Helicopter handling has been tweaked
- Weapon tweaks have been implemented based on PC public feedback
- Fixed technical hang when a crate was armed outside of the combat area
- "Victory is near" message was shown for the wrong team on Valparaíso, this has been fixed
- Countermeasures can be fired when driving a helicopter
- The brightness of the pilot view in the Russian helicopter has been reduced
- Advanced Spotting scope works better
- Knifing people in the back works again (we backed out the change that we had done for Server R11)
Server Browser Changes
- Servers are sorted into 3 categories: Normal, Modified, Hardcore depending on their settings
– Added support for retrieving update progress
- Now refreshes information
- Join queue system when attempting to join a full server
- All settings are automatically saved between sessions
- Pings are sent via an alternate mechanism, which should work for non-Administrator users as well
Client Side Fixes
-Fixed DX9 issue, which likely caused graphics glitches and perhaps crashes
-Fixed some crashes
-Toggle/hold crouch is user controllable
-Toggle/hold zoom is user controllable
-Vsync bugfixed for DX10/DX11 - Rewritten how settings are written to disk; this should reduce/eliminate the spawn lag
- Fixed bug where a player could join a server before the stats has been downloaded causing faulty stats in "EOR-unlock progression"-screen
- New chat system allows chatting when dead (but not during end of round) and keeps a 100 lines log
- Improved Play Now functionality
- Removed K/D ratio and Skill Level filters in the leaderboards
- Any points you get while being dead will be added to your score - Reduced negative mouse acceleration
- More informative disconnection/kick reasons
* Updated game trainers and cheats daily
* Get notified when new cheats are added
* Request which games get new trainers
* Priority support with any problem