All you have are a magic TV that plays DVDs and has an unlimited power source...and five movies of your choice.
Now, don't just pick five movies you like.
Because these are the only movies you will be able to watch for the rest of your life.
Think about this.
They need to not only be rewatchable for eternity, but they are the only way you can keep your sanity.
They need to be timeless. So, they need to be movies you can watch over and over.
They need to keep your brain active. They need to make you think and analyze them.
So, Choose your five movies...AND EXPLAIN WHY YOU CHOSE THEM.
Be prepared for people to question your choices.
I've only got two pegged down right now, this is a difficult exercise.
1. The Ten Commandments - Why? I'm a religious guy, and imo, God is the only one who can keep my sanity in tact.
2. Fanboys - Actually, I was thinking of picking one of all the Star Wars movie, but finally I chose this. This movie combines with my geekiness, and love for movies. This movie is not only a comedy, but a life movie as well, and if you haven't watched this movie yet, you will know in the ending why I picked this.
3. Schindler's List - This is a war epic, and it mixes both the physical and emotional conflicts that was depicted during the Nazi regime, especially to the Jews.
4. Titanic - The first movie I've ever seen with my family. I think this is the only movie we've seen together, with my whole family. At least, this movie can provide memories with my family, coz' even one memory of them could save me from being crazy.
5. Cast Away - I think watching this movie can make me thrive for survival even more. It can motivate me to survive, even if I am alone in a desert island. Though, I think it's a bit stereotypical of me by picking this movie.
[Edited by onmosis36, 4/7/2010 7:11:27 AM]
2- Happy Gilmore
3- Coming to America
4- Saving Private Ryan
5- Lost Highway
I would take the first 4 cause they are just awesome and I could watch them on and on. My choice of lost highway is that I am going to have enough time on my hands to figure out what this movie means.
But here's what I have so far.
1. Gangs of New York.
It is something which I don't think I would get bored with easily. It has action, adventure, great acting and has enough nuance to keep you thinking for a while.
2. The Royal Tenenbaums.
I want to include a Wes Anderson movie, because they keep you thinking. Every time you watch one, you notice an angle you didn't before. The Royal Tenenbaums is also freaking hilarious and I don't see it getting tired.
3. A Scanner Darkly.
One of my favorite PKD works, it seems to never get old. This may be a bad choice because it's not a happy movie by any means.
4. Blade Runner
Another PKD movie. I have a pack with five versions of this movie...does that count as one movie? If not, I'll just take the newest cut.
5. Miracle or Slapshot
You need something to pick up your spirits. These aren't only hockey movies with uplifting finishes, but they're also damn good movies. But I can't decide which, so I'll flip a coin.