Now if you don't believe in God, for this topic pretend you do and offer your thoughts. Any comments such as "I don't believe in God" will be deleted.
One side of the discussion is that its not possible and of course the other side is that it is possible for God to sin.
What do you think?
1. Is God perfect? If God is perfect than he cannot do imperfect things.
2. Then can sinning be perfect? I don't see why it can't be. Just because it's against what God wants you to do doesn't mean it isn't part of perfection.
3. If God is perfect, he can only create perfection--which means if God is perfect than so is this world and all that is wrapped up in it, including sin. We may not perceive it as such, but we also can't innately perceive infrared light, nor radiation.
4. This does not necessarily contradict any religious dogma as religion is about following God's COMMANDS, not his nature.
5. God can COMMAND you to do practically anything as a test and it doesn't contradict the idea of perfection.
6. Backwards? Maybe.
7. If I am perfect and I want you to show your commitment to me, I am within my perfection to command you to do things contrary to my own perfection--because I'm perfect and everything I do is perfect.
8. Circular argument? You bet.
9. But religion is about faith.
Because what you perceive as a sin based on his word can actually be what he does in his own nature.
A father tells his child not to smoke, but smokes himself. And if God smokes than smoking is perfection, regardless of what he tells his followers to do.
Edit- Also, if sins are imperfection than a perfect God could not have created them.
[Edited by Dhampy, 3/28/2010 12:41:33 PM]
I'm too lazy to add more.
First, we can't consider him as our father.
Second, you said:"Also, if sins are imperfection than a perfect God could not have created them.", he didn't create them for himself, he created them for us as tempters, and he ordered us not to do any of them; he created them to see who follows his orders.
Is providing the ground for sin a sin in itself? Maybe, I don't know, I honestly can't say I have a concrete opinion on this.
* Updated game trainers and cheats daily
* Get notified when new cheats are added
* Request which games get new trainers
* Priority support with any problem