S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl Discussion
Trainer for 1.5 doesnt work.
it does say the exe file is loading but goes no further.
no audio confirmation.
i loaded a save. and pressed buttons nothing happens.
1. The steam Version is STALKER 1.0005
2. You must use the trainer that's compatible with 1.0005
3. You must use the no-cd fix that's compatible with 1.0005
I had the same problem (message "XR_3DA.exe loading" and no further progress) on my retail version. Here is the workaround that helped me:
1) launch the trainer, then launch the game and load a save or start a new game;
2) once save or new game is loaded, put the game on pause (just to make sure that nothing kills you while you are busy with switching windows), then switch to the trainer window with [alt]+[tab].
3) if you see the message "XR_3DA.exe loading" in the bottom of trainer window, just close the trainer. then launch the trainer once again (without switching back to game). you should see the trainer window with message reading smth like "XR_3DA.exe ready" in the bottom.
4) switch back to game with [alt]+[tab], press the required cheat buttons and listen to the "activated" voice callouts.
Please let me know whether this helped.
[Edited by alek87, 3/16/2010 1:14:08 PM]
I had the same problem you all had and i got round it by going to where you have the trainer (I placed mine in the same spot steam puts everything) right clicked on the trainer and changed it's permissions to run as admin saved it then ran it again and bobs yir uncle it worked.
now my trick to get it to work was this..
1. start the game first
2. start a new game or load a existing one.
3. be in a safe zone or pause the game
4. alt-tab out to desktop
5. start the trainer it will then load the exe
(usually runing it as admin help)
6. alt-tab back to the game and use the trainer options.
* Updated game trainers and cheats daily
* Get notified when new cheats are added
* Request which games get new trainers
* Priority support with any problem