Empire: Total War
Also, just because this is a STEAM game does NOT mean that you have no choice in patching it. You can easily tell Steam not to update the game automatically or run in offline mode. We always recommend waiting for an updated trainer before updating your game.
OLD SAVE GAMES THAT USED THE OLD TRAINER BEFORE THIS PATCH MIGHT CRASH EVEN WITHOUT USE OF THE TRAINER.
with that said, i spent many many hours on this game, probably more than some people have actually PLAYED the game, both since it's inception, and also during the EIGHTEEN times we patched this game when steam updated it. now these random crashes were not apparent when i tested the trainer because the problem is NEW and is not easily seen with simple testing, which we ask for USEFUL and UNEMOTIONAL feedback from the members to help in situations like this. as you may have seen when looking around, there aren't many trainers of any substance for this game, and none that i have seen that properly did the unlimited movement. there are reasons for this! i don't feel i deserved the rather rude comments from you and further i feel that you will not and have not found a better site for trainers and updates of the trainers ANYWHERE else. so here is what i have found:
1) the game patched and changed many code areas which isn't very quickly patched for us with the trainers
2) the old savegames from the previous version will crash EVEN WITHOUT THE TRAINER, especially if you had used the unlimited movement on units and they had alot of movement still left.
3) the new trainer would crash the game, even NEW games, but only after certain criteria were met, which takes time to figure out and was not apparent with quick testing that worked the 17 times before when we patched the trainer.
4) i had to completely change the trainer method of unlimited movement to prevent out of bounds checks and stack overflows as well as pointer overwrites due to the way the game stores movement data now. therefore you cannot move all the way across the entire map with one click any longer. you will have to move within the bounds of the unit and then move again over and over. this is the only solution i could come up with that *seems* stable and doesn't crash the game
5) i moved every unit type multiple times, moved inf. into ships, moved to new ports, unloaded, etc. all kinds of combinations, with no crashes. However, i did this from a brand new game started from scratch. As I said before, my previous game saves would crash the game when selecting/moving units EVEN WITH NO TRAINER ON OR APPLIED. so, i feel that this version of the trainer is stable enough for pwiz to post. is more crashes possible? i suppose, especially if you are using old savegame data. however, i checked it quite a bit now.
1) option is changed in it's function, read instructions
2) old savegames may crash game even without trainer
3) start a new game if you plan to use the trainer
4) we aren't perfect but we are damn close here. i appreciate the kind comments from those who messaged me. YOU are the reason we do this. at any rate, i don't mind constructive feedback and reports of problems. please keep the defamatory and rude comments to a minimum.
5) there is no guarantee that we will make a trainer for ANY game or update it for ANY patch that occurs for the game. we almost surely will, but in some instances this isn't always possible. we have and likely will pull trainers that don't function or get too much negative feedback. this is rare but we won't hesitate to do it.
trainer has been updated and (hopefully) fixed. PWIZ has uploaded latest trainer for download. please redownload the trianer and see if your crashing problems have stopped for unlimited movement;
[Edited by Caliber, 9/25/2009 11:46:20 AM]
delete your trainer, clear your internet cache and redownload the trainer.
if it still doesn't work then:
1) does it crash immediately when you press F1?
2) do any options work?
3) check troubleshooting guide
• Unlimited Movement
• One Turn Construction
+ 12 more options