Anno 1404: Dawn of Discovery Discussion
"Set PreferLocalFiles in Engine.ini to 1. This file can be found on Vista/Win7 in C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Ubisoft\Anno1404\Config\Engine.ini. It’s probably something like C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Ubisoft\Anno1404\Config\Engine.ini on XP."
for some reason i dont have a folder named application data anywhere on my c: the only engine.ini is in the game folder, but it only had 2 lines that certinly didnt have anything to do with 'preferlocalfiles'
C:\Users\ It should be right under
It should be right under
when i use the find files option and search my entire computer for any file named Engine.ini i only get 1 file which is in the game's install folder (i said all this in my first
the only thing thats in that file is the a line of text talking about initfile and quality level.. thats all thats there. =/
[Edited by Riftweaver, 8/3/2009 8:09:01 PM]
Any way around this?
Here is how to get all the bonus buildings without spending years gathering achievements.
1. Make a backup of your Anno 1404/DoD folder in program files AND of your profile which you can find in C:\\Users\[YOUR USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\Ubisoft\Anno1404\Profiles
2. Download RDA Explorer from www.mediafire.com/?zycazu9u0el0b4i.
The instructions are here: anno1404.wikia.com/wiki/External_tools#1404_RDA_explorer
3a. If you DO NOT have the venice addon, then in RDA explorer, navigate to the 'maindata' folder in the main Anno 1404 installation folder. In there you will find patch1.rda. Open it and extract properties.xml from data>config>game.
3b. If you DO have the venice addon, then in RDA explorer, navigate to the 'addon' folder in the main Anno 1404 installation folder. In there you will find patch0.rda. Open it and extract properties.xml from addondata>config>game.
4. Open properties.xml in notepad and find the part where you have xml tags 'costs' bracketing a number which is the gem cost of the bonus content, 10, 20, 200, etc. Change all the numbers to 1. Note that changing them to 0 will break the content.
5. If you want to properly cheat and have all the portraits you will also need to delete the xml tags associated with achievement prerequisites. They are right under the 'costs' tags.
6. Save properties.xml and put it back into either the patch1.rda or patch0.rda file according to the version of the game you have, following the instructions for RDA explorer.
7. Load up the game - all bonus items now cost one gem each. You can get enough gems to buy it all by renaming your ship or city a few times - see page 1 of this thread for the names.
[Edited by whump, 3/9/2013 11:51:33 PM]
[Edited by whump, 3/9/2013 11:53:07 PM]
[Edited by whump, 4/23/2013 11:12:44 AM]
Can you help me out?
For some reason, my profile isn't inside the RDA explorer.
Here is how it looks like:
OOOPS, my mistake! Instead of writing profiles.xml, I should have written properties.xml.
Sorry to you, and also to anyone else who I caused some extra frustration for!
I've edited my original post to be correct, and also included specific instructions on what to do for the venice addon.
* Updated game trainers and cheats daily
* Get notified when new cheats are added
* Request which games get new trainers
* Priority support with any problem