Empire: Total War Discussion
This is confusing.
- Download the Pack File Manager in the first post
- Run "PackFileManager.exe"
- Click on File
- Then "Open" (Ctrl+O)
- Go to you //steamapps/common/empire total/data folder and select: main.pack and then click Open
- The pack file manager, will now list the main pack, and you can click on the small + to the left of main pack, and a folder-tree will come where you can see all the folders etc. there is in main.pack.
- Click on "Choose a Pack Action"
- Select "Extract All.."
- Select the "data" folder
- Click OK
Now the Pack File Manager will extract main.pack to your data folder.
- When he extracting is finished you can close down the Pack File Manager.
- Go to the "data" folder and click on the "db" folder.
- Find a folder whit the name: "units_to_special_editions_juncs_tables"
- Delete that folder
- Go back to the "data" folder, and take a backup of the file "main.pack"
(For instance you can make a "Backup" folder and move the file to it).
- Make sure there is no main.pack file in the "data" folder(take a backup of it and remove/delete it).
Hopes that help anyone there got any questions to what to do.
1) Go to C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\empire total war\data.
2) Make a folder and call it backup.
3) Copy main.pack and paste it in the backup folder.
4) Open the original main.pack using the PackFileManager.exe by going to FILE>OPEN.
5) Find + db and click/expand it.
6) Scroll down the list and find units_to_special_editions_juncs_tables.
7) Right click units_to_special_editions_juncs_tables and click Delete File.
8) Click FILE>SAVE and thats it!
incidentaly, if i want to edit the units attacks and values, etc. what program should i open it up with? Notepad is all one big block and word is 260 something pages and i cant really find any numbers relating to the units. I am opening the file in the unit_stats_land_tables folder (sounds like it is right). anyone know if there is another file in the same format as that of Medieval 2 and Rome?
[Edited by fatfruitcake, 3/11/2009 5:12:44 PM]
Maybe we should make this thread member's exclusive. If Sega stumble on this website, they might also tell Pwiz to delete the thread. Either that, or if Sega smell the unpacker, they might release a patch that would make the units very difficult to unlock. The patch might contain a code that if this certain file (junc file of something) is not found, the game will not work.
* Updated game trainers and cheats daily
* Get notified when new cheats are added
* Request which games get new trainers
* Priority support with any problem
• Unlimited Movement
• One Turn Construction
+ 12 more options