Does anyone out there know how to tell if the 1.2 patch for SP has added any new content, or even if the SP game is getting the same stuff added in as the MP?
- The timer and quest requirement have been removed from the mini-game.
- Players now only need to make a Normal Mode character to be able to make an Elite Mode character.
- Players can skip all logo splash-screens with a single click.
- The [Shift], [Ctrl], and [Alt] keys are now re-mappable, and may be set as key-modifiers.
- Skill Retrainers now have a confirmation dialogue to help players from accidentally using them.
- The limit on number of times an item can be upgraded has been raised to 10.
- Upgrading an item takes 50% less resources.
- A new, rare salvaged material crafting material called Nanoshards are now required to upgrade items.
[Edited by mrdefender, 6/3/2008 1:47:10 PM]
[Edited by mrdefender, 6/3/2008 1:47:30 PM]
I know all about that lot, but it seems a little off that the SP game gets stiffed with regards to new content (see the Stonehenge Chronicle and the like) while the MP gets all these new bells and whistles - new areas, weapons, armour, monsters, etc.
Does anyone have a clue whether any of this will end up in SP or not?
I mean really doesn't seem that difficult to me either... Just a file that the game checks that includes the next subscription renewal date and if you have a current subscriber account... the game would automatically update the file once a month on the renewal date... I mean doesn't seem that difficult in concept anyway.
I couldn't agree more. I mean, a similar system is used by this site to track the Unlimited content, making sure all is well, so a publishing house like Flagship should be able to pull it off.
It's yet another example of the SP community being totally ignored in favour of the MP community, without any thought being given to the fact that not everyone likes to play online, or simply can't afford to. I wouldn't mind if Flagship came out and said that they would release expansion packs for HG:L at specific times that contain all the updated content to that point, or some similar compromise, but I really can't see that happening anytime soon.