Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific Discussion
Silent Hunter 4: Wolves Of the Pacific SnapMod V2 by Snaptrap (email@example.com)
This version of the mod has been refined by hand to insure that it works with all current versions of the game. If you have any other mod installed, you should restore the game to it's original state before applying this one. Just copy all but the SnapMod Readme file into your SH4 main installation folder. Go into the main installation folder and run Mod Enabler. Click Tasks and select Generate Snapshot. Now Select the SnapMod mod in the left hand box and then click the large right pointing arrow button. This will apply the mod without making it permanent. If you want to remove the mod, just perform the steps in reverse. The Mod Enabler comes with a help section in case you need help using it.
List of changes made from original stock files:
1. Subs have a 30kt surface speed and a 10kt submerged speed.
2. Travel distance increased to 100000 miles for both battery and diesel engines.
3. Torpedoes have a 50kt speed rating with a slightly higher than normal blast and turn radius.
4. Shell inventory boosted to 30000 rounds with 30000 clips per ammo type.
5. Shell speed and blast radius have been improved so most vessels just require a few rounds.
6. Crewmen are all super performing Lieutenants that are indestructible and never fatigued.
7. Your sub is completely indestructible and will only receive cosmetic hull damage.
8. Start a new game with your choice of 100000, 200000, or 500000 renown points.
9. New game subs come loaded with the Mk27 Little Cutie homing torpedo.
10. Sub guns are now rapid fire with increased range.
11. Torpedo reloading speed is almost instant when not running silent.
12. Subs dive and surface twice as fast from normal rates.
13. Sub sensors have greatly increased range and precision.
If you have any questions, problems, or suggestions for future releases, please feel free to email me.
Addition not included in the original Readme:
14. All torpedo attack/travel ranges have been boosted slightly beyond the modified sensor range.
[Edited by Snaptrap, 11/11/2007 4:29:13 AM]
I'm slowly getting the hang of modding. Although the V2 has a few quirks, it works allot better than the V1.
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory: 2048MB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GS (512.0 MB)
* Updated game trainers and cheats daily
* Get notified when new cheats are added
* Request which games get new trainers
* Priority support with any problem