DIRT: Colin McRae Off-Road Discussion
Same problem with 1.1, here's exactly what I do:
1) Start the trainer, then the game
2) Activate the trainer option in the menu
3) Go to tier 6 (i believe it is, it's the Crossover event with classic cars and on Numata Raceway) and start the Crossover event.
4) Chose the Celica (simply because I like it ^^) and Clubman difficulty and drove the quarter finals.
5) Got normal times everywhere, won the race "for real" and the game registered it as a win.
6) Got to the semi-finals (obviously because of the quarter finals win ^^), and drove.
7) Won "for real", the game registered normal times. BUT!
8) It shows in the after-race screen (the one with the "Watch replay button" that I came 2ND(!), even if I had a faster time than my opponent, and even if I came first through the finish line!
9) When I press enter here it shows that I won the race, 'cause it shows my name in the finals.
10) Pressing enter again takes me back to the career screen, with the strange 0TH Position message. (Even though the menu guy (his name aint Christian ^^ or at least I don't think so ) says "Good work, man!" or something like that, it's not a loss phrase anyway.)
I'll play around some more with it, lose in the quarter-finals etc. etc. to try and see what the trainer does about it, and such
Hope that helps somewhat anyways :]
The trainer does not work at all in the quarter finals of the event; if I lose, then I lose, even with the trainer option on. It kicks me back to the career menu with a horrible 8TH place ^^
Any more testing needs done? I'll do it
[Edited by PeTTs0n, 6/20/2007 5:19:51 AM]
anyways, your info does indeed help. when i get to that tier i will see if i can fix this. the other types of races seem to be working ok then?
btw, this is the type of testing and posting that helps the site out. we appreciate it very much!
here is something you can try:
the crossover event seems to be more of a timed event. so leave the place option OFF and use the freeze timer option ONLY and see if you win that way or at least you end up winning at the end, etc.
and then try it the other way with the FREEZE off and then with PLACE option ON and see what happens.
I suppose if you have time to kill you can try it with both options on if you haven't been doing that already.
[Edited by Caliber, 6/20/2007 6:50:28 AM]
The other error (resetting the option causes game to show billions of minutes, and giving you both 1ST and 2ND places, game seem to register 2ND, as it throws you back to the career menu) I haven't examined much after the first time, but I can do that later, if it'll help.
Hehe yeah, it IS a lot of races ^^ took me like 10 hours active playing to beat the game on clubman difficulty ^^
I could send you my save, that'll get you all tiers and all races unlocked
Glad to be of service to the community, tell me if any other trainers need testing
EDIT: I wasn't quite sure what you meant the last time, leave the option off throughout the quarter-finals, and then turn it on in the semi-finals? Or did you mean turn it on in the finals? And if I reset the option it throws me out in the quarters, but I haven't tested turning it on again after that.
I'll see what I can do ^^
[Edited by PeTTs0n, 6/20/2007 1:55:17 PM]
also any chance of creating trainer with different activation keys? my key setup is same as most fps's. WASD.
We might can look into changing the keys with the next update patch of the trainer. With hotkeys, there's no pleasing everyone as *someone* is going to have a configuration they're comfortable with that uses one of the keys we pick. Happens on every single trainer release. We mostly try to avoid any of the game's DEFAULT keys or configuration.
PWizard or Cal, why not use the numeric keys? 1-0 above the letter keys? I dunno if they're used in-game, but trainer-wise they seem to fit many people well
for now just getting around to testing this again-
not sure where you can send the file but maybe you can .rar the save file up and send it to me here at:
then i can test that track myself and see what is going on there-
what i meant about testing was this:
start the cross over race:
1) during the quarterfinals (the first race), just use the freeze timer and nothing else and see if you win that race, even if you don't win it outright. in fact try to let the cpu beat you and see if you win based on your lower time-
2) same for semi-finals, same for finals.
then try it again with timer freeze deactivated and with ONLY 1st place activated and see what happens.
probably this won't be the answer but at least it will kill another test. i can test all this myself when i get a copy of a save file that lets me test those tracks on later tiers-
thanks again for the help
[Edited by Caliber, 6/20/2007 1:58:08 PM]
[Edited by Caliber, 6/20/2007 2:01:34 PM]
everytime i tried to load game with trainer before check, the cd check takes ages to load.
and then trainer doesnt work.
i will try again tomorrow.
thanks for info on keys.
i will look into a steering wheel
* Updated game trainers and cheats daily
* Get notified when new cheats are added
* Request which games get new trainers
* Priority support with any problem
• Always Place First
• Freeze Race Timer
+ 1 more options