Mass Effect Discussion
There two fixes.
1. Find your runme.exe in your ME folder in steam right click on the file runme.exe and then set it to "run as administrator".
2. Find the MassEffect.exe in the binaries folder were the game is located in your steam folder and then set it to "run as administrator".
I have them both set and it runs. Note this is on a Win 7 x64 system.
[Edited by Toki, 3/22/2015 5:27:03 PM]
I am using the Steam version. Initially I would not get the "Trainer Activated" prompt when pressing F1. After playing around a bit, I finally got everything to work.
I'm using Windows 7 64-bit. To get the game to start, I went in and changed the Compatibility to just Windows 7. I did NOT check to run the game as Administrator as I had been doing. Once I deactivated that, the game started up just fine and I got the "Trainer Activated" prompt at the main menu.
So, I'm guessing the Administrator setting exclusively was the deal-breaker on the Trainer not working. When I did have it checked the game would still start fine, but the trainer wouldn't work.
* Updated game trainers and cheats daily
* Get notified when new cheats are added
* Request which games get new trainers
* Priority support with any problem