Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor Discussion
Overall I liked the game but don't get me wrong its just obvious the developer focused too much on the graphics instead of adding substance and actual content to the game. I mean hell they did make an optional 10gig HD texture version on top of the base game that is 35gigs that almost no one can run on max settings with a stable framerate showing they wasted a lot of time.
Fighting mechanics work well as long as you don't get more than 5-6 enemies but anymore than that and its a god awful mess. The main story is short but it was never that great to begin with since its a typical revenge quest. Voice acting for the most part is done well but I hate how all the orcs have a british accent which makes me think more of the guards from the Fable franchise than I do of them being a scary mob of orcs. Majority of quests involve boring go to point A and kill X number of B or attack Target A and then go to point B. the only good quests are the ones where you level up your stealth dagger because those stealth missions have interesting parameters and restrictions in place.
[Edited by 0Gungrave0, 10/2/2014 8:10:22 AM]
End result I think if theyspent less time working on the graphics and expanded the world more and tweaked the damn spawn rate of the orc mobs the game would be much better.
[Edited by 0Gungrave0, 10/2/2014 8:12:05 AM]
Its Ass creed, in Mordor done just perfect
The one bad thing i found sofar, is the repeative none skippable 5 second animation when you brand/execute etc. but this is a very minor thing
hell, i played 20+ hours sofar, and im only 30 % through the main story, just so much more fun going around branding captains n creating your own little orc army
its a solid 9,5 on the scale, and i look forward to all the DLC story planned
lack of content?, lulz
- outcast missions to earn extra points
- 30 missions to upgrade your sword/dagger/bow into legendaries
- Powerplay missions, brand a captain, nurture him into a warchief, and use him for internal conflicts/help in missions, not just your standard kill X, to advance to Y
- Main story, im only at 30 %, but sofar its solid and interesting
- Achivement challenges
- Rich lore, from pictures, to texts on the items you dig up, conprehensive background on each and every character you meet, friends and foe alike
yea, i can totally see a lack of content here
[Edited by Drenus, 10/2/2014 8:33:11 AM]
I find rating scales to be pointless way to judge games which is why I ignore most of the big name review sites and magazines.
[Edited by 0Gungrave0, 10/2/2014 8:32:55 AM]
Well, I thought you made some good points about the grafix and content but I couldn't really tell how, if at all, you actually liked the game experience. Be brave, wade out to the deep end and at least give it an A, B or C.
well as stated in my first post I do like the game but as someone who plays a lot of RPGs its faults are easily noticable and more or less the game copies quite a bit of its game elements from Assassins Creed
I would love if developers started following in the footsteps of middle-earth a bit, but less focus on graphics than they had on here.
* Updated game trainers and cheats daily
* Get notified when new cheats are added
* Request which games get new trainers
* Priority support with any problem
• Remove Unlock Prerequisites
• Freeze Trials of War Timer
+ 16 more options