AVast has recently pushed out an update to their FREE and PAID antivirus software which effectively blocks our trainers from being downloaded or used. They also make it difficult to disable the portions of the software which are blocking it. We have had multiple users contact AVast to have this false positive removed, but they have not.
It is for this reason we are recommending that users UNINSTALL AVAST and use a better antivirus application that does not interfere with our trainers. I personally recommend Malwarebytes Antimalware and Windows Defender (or MS Security Essentials). There are other free and paid solutions that do not falsely detect our trainers as malicious files.
If you would like to report our trainers as clean to AVast in hopes of them removing this false positive, you may do so here:
[Edited by PWizard, 10/20/2013 9:17:50 AM]
1) Go to the Avast! main screen, then go to Security > Antivirus > Web Shield > Settings. Now click 'Exclusions' on the left hand side and add the following to the 'URLS to exclude' list (make sure 'URLS to exclude' is ticked!):
Yes, including the final forward slash and the star. This blocks Avast! from scanning any web page using the www.cheathappens.com address.
Click Ok - Avast! will no longer scan your trainer download pages and you'll be able to download without issue.
2) You also need to be downloading and installing your trainers to a single directory. I download to, for example, "Games\Game Trainers" and extract each to a separate folder within that directory.
Now, go to the Avast! main screen and go to Security > Antivirus > File System Shield and click on Settings. Click on 'Exclusions' and add your trainer directory to the list (i.e. E:\Games\Game Trainers) and click ok.
Avast! will now no longer scan that directory when you open your trainers.
I haven't experienced that as yet.
I love Avast! and it's still probably the best free anti-virus and anti-malware program available, for me I'd rather add the simple exceptions than get rid of it.
Honestly, I think it all runs smoother now, trainers and even my system in general, and have not regretted dumping Avast at all.
Edit: For those wanting to help out but don't own avast I will post a version number for spamming avast off ch's butt. I might post a how to on how to report this site clean and the trainers.
[Edited by Varacka, 10/20/2013 12:14:43 PM]
* Updated game trainers and cheats daily
* Get notified when new cheats are added
* Request which games get new trainers
* Priority support with any problem