I have Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition that comes with all the DLC from Steam. I've run into a problem that no trainers I try to run make it past Authing. They all crash when trying to call home to authorize. I've tried 5 different trainers from this site and all do the same thing.
I run Windows 7 (64-bit) I have used other trainers for other games quite fine with 0 problems. It's just this game I'm getting trouble with. Does anyone know what this is? I checked the previous threads and tried to follow their steps but it dies when trying to phone home. Does anyone have assistance? I don't think I can just ask PWizard to drop things to help me, but I would love to see his trainers working on my computer.
it doesn't sound like ie10 is to blame because it usually makes trainers for multiple different games crash, though i wouldn't count it completely out. if you would like to troubleshoot by uninstalling IE10 Link that topic could be of some help.
this sounds like more of a problem with security software to me. even though you may be able to use other trainers with whatever AV you're using, every trainer is different and it could be blocking this one.
Even though all the other trainers for this site work, I'll start reverting back IE9. I do have all trainers located in one folder and NOD32 is set to ignore that folder entirely.
I've downloaded pretty much every trainer for Dragon Age: Origins hoping to find one that works with Ultimate Edition but every trainer errors 2 seconds after it opens. None of the other trainers from this site (in the new or older style) crash just the ones for Dragon Age. I'll put Trainer 3 in the folder and use some of the older tricks to try and get it to work but first I will revert to IE9.
The trainer isn't life or death, I was just trying to speed up a run so I'll try one more time after I revert IE then just play.
So I tried trainer 1 and 2 and they run, but dont work in the game. As for trainer 3 it crashes when trying to authenticate. I tried running as admin and compatibility xp service pack 3 and 2 still nothing. I could post the crash details if it will help anyone in figuring out this problem, just let me know.
It appears the rollback to IE9 in conjunction with using trainer number 3 worked for me. So thank you all for the help. It's sad that after all that, I've used the trainer all of twice to give me 1 or 2 extra talent points.