XCOM: Enemy Unknown Cheats
Follow this, and then just wait for them to update the trainer to work without a workaround.
This is what worked for me.
1. Start trainer
2. Start game
3. Alt-Tab out of game to desktop
4. Click on game tab at bottom of desktop to bring it back to full screen.
5. Press F1 to activate trainer within game
6. Load up most recent game save
7. Click on Research tab in game (this should take you to the research facility).
8. Press "9" on your keypad. (You will hear activated)
9. Click on Research tab again to back out of research facility)
10. You should have 30,000 credits.
11. Go back into research facility and repeat. This time hold down "9" keypad button until you hear "Activated" over and over and over again. This will keep adding 30,000 credits each time.
12. Click on research tab again to get out of the research facility and should have a ton more credits.
13. SAVE YOUR GAME ONCE YOU HAVE THE DESIRED CREDITS!!
14. Exit game and start game without the trainer activated and load your last saved game you created in step 13. You should still have the desired credits. Up to you whether you want to play the game without the trainer at this point. I am. If you want the trainer for other options then exit game and start it again with the trainer activated.
Hope this works for someone. Worked for me.