Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning Discussion
This is, based on the awesome work of IdleHands88 at xpgamesaves, link below.
Your Vista/Win7 PC user game saves should, be located either in "C:\users\[your username]\Documents\My Games\Reckoning" or "C:\users\[your username]\Appdata\local\", if you have the origin & seam version. Just search for ".sav", ".profile", ".manifest" file extensions. You will need to make windows explorer Show hidden files, fodlers, and drives in the Tools Menu under Folder Options, on the View Tab, since AppData is hidden by default.
Now on to the good stuff, you will need a hex editor, IdleHands88 and me use Hex Workshop. You can download a trial version from the link below:
To edit an Item Effect:
1. Forge a custom item at the Blacksmith.
2. Name the item to whatever you want.
3. Find the newest save by Looking at the "Date Modified" info and then make a copy of the file.
4. Open your save in Hex Workshop by right clicking on the .sav and choosing the "Hex Edit with Hex Workshop v6" option in the list.
5. Search for the name of the item with Ctrl+F
6. Change the 6 Digit Hex numbers found to your preferred Hex Number value.
7. Save the file, and say yes to a backup copy, load up the edited save and you're good to good.
You will need to un equip and re-equip the items for the effects to actually kick in, if you had them equipped when you hex edited them.
There is a tricky difference between the xbox 360 and pc Hex Numbers.
1C3E10- +25% Damage Resistance
103E1C- +25% Damage Resistance
As you can see 38 Studios decided to swap the 1st two digits swapped with the last two digits, the middle 2 digits stayed the same.
Now go and kill things in 1 hit without the 1 hit kills trainer option on, hehe.
[Edited by slowpoke2, 4/12/2012 11:10:55 PM]
Now I can put 30 effects on crafted shoes if I want to ^^
Here come my +10 health/mana regen Talisman !
[Edited by Adamantine0, 2/9/2012 6:58:09 AM]
[Edited by slowpoke2, 2/9/2012 4:27:28 PM]
Hex editing an item with 1 item to a 9-10 effect or more is possible, just change the value of the number of effects, add the lines and you're good to go.
I'm playing the game with a female hero with only her weapon on which has all the useful effects ^^
[Edited by Adamantine0, 2/10/2012 9:59:17 AM]
EDIT: I suck at hex editing so i kinda gave up on trying to edit my diseased greatsword Leper Leg. I don't wanna corrupt my save somehow so I'll wait until i can find someone to help me with this.
[Edited by Ultralazuli, 2/10/2012 8:37:52 PM]
The only values I can modify with ease are the ones right next to those 2 arrays, which in my case are both +5 health. I can't find the base damage, I can't find the effect amount byte... I normally do these kinds of things on my own, fiddle with items and such in most rpg's that I get my hands on, but that xbox thing totally threw me off...
Ah screw it, I'll just wait for someone to make an editor or something...
[Edited by aerion0p, 2/10/2012 8:01:02 PM]
* Updated game trainers and cheats daily
* Get notified when new cheats are added
* Request which games get new trainers
* Priority support with any problem