Sorry im new on this site and don't know if this is going to the right thread.
From the looks of it, many people have been having problems with trainers for Dragon Age, especially running off of EA Origins like the Ultimate Edition. I think i found the solution.
I realized that when the game installed it also installed awakening. Im not very savy with software installations especially expansions for games, but I decided to try this and it worked flawlessly.
So I originally downloaded the trainer specifically aimed at Dragon Age Origins. I think i got the same error many have gotten (note: i am referring to the Ultimate version purchased from EA Origins). I would launch the trainer and then the game and the trainer would appear to work, ie. I would hear "activate" then resume my game but nothing would work. So just on a hunch after numerous troubleshooting steps, decided to try the "Awakening" version of the trainer it worked well without having to disable firewalls or antiviruses or launch as admin.
For those having problems with the EA version that have awakening installed, try using the Awakening versions of the trainers instead of the plain DA:O version. It worked seamlessly for me. And sorry for the long post, I like to explain things precisely. Also note this worked with v1.05 of the game.