Batman: Arkham City Cheats
sandman, you cannot say that GFWL is causing the crashing problems with certainty. our trainer is 10X more complex than Geri's simple C.E. script. there are MANY things that could be causing the troubles. also, regarding xlive, there are a couple things you may not know:
1) i documented the xlive scanner problem a LONG TIME AGO in 2007 and made the first trainer to address it and get around it for HALO 2. note here:
2) Pysch posted his much better xlive solution on cheatengine.org back in early 2009 after hax0r stole it from one of our cheathappens trainers where we kill the scanner function which every trainer maker now either uses directly or uses an offshoot of this method.
3) xlive scanner when running checks the entire .exe from top to bottom for differences and then crashes the game if so. basically this process takes about 30 seconds to a minute to occur. so crashes that are 20 minutes into the game are likely SOME OTHER problem.
4) as we said before, it would be great if there was a savegame that had REPEATABLE crash over and over we could investigate to see what is causing the crash. it could be any one of the several options that we have. the best example would be a crash that we can simply load the game, follow instructions on how to make it crash, and crash over and over in the same place at same time, etc. otherwise we are chasing our tails since i cannot reproduce ANY crashing here.
5) GERI should post some attribution to at least PSYCH who came up with the best xlive bypass solution. GERI's method simply bypasses the function using a JMP command to pass the part of code that ultimately CALLS the scanning function. he didn't come up with this, Psych did, and many people have moved their reroute around to make it their 'own' but the originator was pysch. as i said, i discovered this scanning was going on nearly 5 years ago and had to find a way to make the trainer invisible at the time as we didn't have pysch's method until 2 years later. i think it's worth noting that cheathappens is the first to post about xlive scanner, the first to get around it in 2007, and the first to use the xlive reroute that psych came up with in 2009. everyone else is just using the info in their own trainers now. keep in mind we have done the same with steam triggers, securom scanner, and the myriad other scanners and tricks out there in other games.
6) our trainer ALREADY deals with xlive. if it didn't when you f1 to activate the trainer, the game would likely crash within 30 seconds or so and surely so when you loaded your game.
7) we are going to post another trainer with updated functions to see if it helps later today. stay tuned.
[Edited by Caliber, 12/3/2011 8:23:08 AM]
I agree that we can't just say GFWL is causing the issue. it very well could be steam. I think we have to look and see if the people with the retail version have the same issue or not b/c i got goth feeling that they dont.
[Edited by homer2004, 12/3/2011 8:41:58 AM]
Thanks for schooling us. Will look for the trainer with the updated functions.
What I will say is that my STEAM version of the game is freezing and crashing all over the place. I disabled DX11,PhysX, and AA. To no avail I am still crashing in DX9 with PhysX and AA disabled.
With continuing the game after each crash I was able to get to the point in the game right after completing the part of Ra's Al Ghul's trial which involves dive-bombing and gliding. I go through the door, and up the curved stairs.... .... but I cannot enter the room to see Talia. It is as if there is an invisible wall blocking my path. I was unable to proceed any further, and not even closing the game and continuing worked. What would cause this issue it is not the GFWL enforcing some anti-cheat coding with the game??
i7-920(C0) OC'd to 3.2
GTX 470 2-way SLI OC'd
6GB Corsair Dominator
(CPU and GPU OC are stable, and temps are fine)
[Edited by ungabunga, 12/3/2011 9:26:37 AM]
firewall and other security software.
on trainer and game.
version and distribution.