I'm sorry, but I'm not going to run an internet-connected computer without AV or a firewall. The trainer worked perfectly up until this latest update, for me. I am running it as admin, but I am having exactly the same experience as the preceding poster. The trainer does not seem to be seeing that Skyrim is running, as I don't get the "Trainer Activated" when I hit F1, nor does anything work during the game. The version that comes up in Skyrim seems to be 22.214.171.124 rather than 0. Is there a more recent small update? Could that be the trouble?
Like the previous poster, I also usually use SKSE but I tried to run the trainer with and without it, and it did not work either way.
Look forward to hearing if anybody had this trouble, but managed to get the trainer working...
Thanks for the fast reply , I tried what you suggested, deactivated firewall and Anti-Virus and ran the trainer again (as admin) but still the same problem as before. When Skyrim is not running and I press F1 I do get the message that the trainer cannot find the game, but when I am in the main menue and press F1 I do not get any reaction at all, as I wrote in my previous post . Seems like I have to wait for the next update and hope I can get the trainer for the next patch working for me. Perhaps someone else comes up with a solution to this problem, as it seems I am not the onlyone with that little problem. If so could that person pleas post how he fixed the problem here, thanks .
Edit: That's a lot of "problem"s in the last two sentences xD .
It looks like there is a new version of Skyrim out there, and Trainer 126.96.36.199 is not compatible. I got 188.8.131.52 of Skyrim when it came out. Downloaded the 184.108.40.206 trainer when it became available and everything was fine. I was playing today with the trainer running fine, quite Skyrim and the trainer, relaunched both, activated the trainer and Skyrim would crash to desktop when I loaded my save game. Checked Skyrim and it's now v 220.127.116.11.4. Nothing else happened to my system, as I say problem immediately started after simply quitting and relaunching the game and trainer.
Not only does the 18.104.22.168 version of Skyrim a significant enough change that this trainer does not seem to see it, it also doesn't appear to be nearly as stable as the 1.3.10 version. I never had a CTD with that version, but this latest version CTD's a couple of times an evening. Heading over to the Skyrim site to see what is going on over there...
Seems to be a fair number of people in the Bethesda Skyrim forum reporting various types of problems with the newest patch.